Carnival Miracle Cruise Review by Caligrl79

Member Name: Caligrl79
Cruise Date: March 2014
Embarkation: Los Angeles
Destination: Mexican Riviera
See More About: Carnival Miracle Cruise Reviews | Mexican Riviera Cruise Reviews | Carnival Cruise Deals
Dining 5+
Entertainment 5+
Shore Excursions 5+
Value-for-Money 5+

Great First Cruise!

This was my first time cruising... Overall it was a great experience. There were pros and cons but the pros definitely outweighed the cons.. We had faster to the fun so we had priority boarding and debarkation both went very smooth. I highly recommend faster to the fun. I'm glad I purchased it. Definitely worth the money and made embarkation and debarkation stress free.

The ship was really nice. I'd never cruised before so I wasn't real sure what to expect. The ship looked huge while sitting in port. Once I was onboard I felt there were parts of the ship that seemed a little small. The ship was very east to navigate around. Being a first time cruiser that was very important to me. I didn't want to be wandering all over trying to find my way around. The decor of the ship seemed on the tacky side in my opinion. Too artsy for me. I really liked the adult serenity, a very relaxing spot on the ship with no screaming kids. Only con was it stayed very full which made seating limited. I do wish they would heat the pools better. The water was too cold for swimming. The hottubs were nice but I always found my bikini bottoms full of sand after being in there...lol. I found that odd.

I upgraded to an ocean suite and it was GREAT! Very roomy with a nice large balcony. I spent many hours on that balcony enjoying the peace n quiet and the view. Unfortunately I had one neighbor that was extremely noisy. I was awakened several times during each night to screaming children, banging and slamming of their balcony door. I was tempted to complain to guest service but figured not much could be done. Other than that it was a great room.

The staff was very courteous and friendly. Some of the bartenders could have had a better attitude. One bar tender seemed annoyed when I asked for a Margarita. When I tasted the drink, I wanted to pour it out worst Margarita I'd ever had. Tasted very watered down and bland. I really enjoyed the Bacchus dining room. We had the best waiter. (Eduardo) He always remembered our names, was very quick and friendly. I read some reviews that food wasn't good. I found the food to be very good. It's not five star cuisine but I really enjoyed the variety of different dishes and found all my meals to be very well made. The buffet was pretty good too. Again not five star cuisine but decent quality, some of the food was a little underseasoned and overcooked but overall was pretty good. I did eat at Nick and Nora's one night. It was a great experience. The food was fabulous! Best food I ate on the ship.

We did one excursion while in port at Puerto Vallarta. We did Rhythms of the night. It was AWESOME!! Great food, great show. Excellent staff! The boat ride to Los Caletas was very rough. People were getting sick from the bouncing around. I didn't have any issues but I was glad when the ride was over. The ride back to the cruise ship didn't seem as rough. The night view was beautiful and they even slowed the boat enough for couples to dance under the stars. Great experience!

Overall this was a great first cruise. I can definitely see another cruise in my future and I would even consider the Miracle and another cruise to the Mexican Riviera. I really did enjoy it and I would recommend it as being a great cruise!

Publication Date: 03/25/14