Norwegian Sky Cruise Review by tampapete: You get what you pay for.....that can be good too!

tampapete
Member Since 2014

Cabin Not Rated

Compare Prices on Norwegian Sky Bahamas Cruises

You get what you pay for.....that can be good too!

Sail Date: March 2014
Destination: Bahamas

We were first time cruisers, never thought too much of the sport but we were curious and made a last minute choice which turned out to be good overall. We got what I would consider a very fare total price for 3 people (2 adults and a 12 yr old). The booking agency explained everything well (although he has nothing to do with the cruise line, i knew what to expect cost wise with gratuities, etc).

Room was good, food was good and cost of booze was no different than our normal dining back home in tampa with $6 20oz pints of premium beer and decent $37 red wines....as said, no different than anywhere on land. Buffet Eating has never been my idea of fun therefore any discomfort the buffet food gave me may have come from any location as it always makes me feel like a herd of cattle....you have to remember that people are different when hungry,,,,it does not bring out the best in our race.

Enough shallow talk, the staff were forced pleasant and they could not seem to shake More the drudgery of continuous service for extremely modest pay, irrespective of the country of origin. Service was a task they had to perform, not of any freewill....i can understand that and will say, it was "honest" service.

We had great weather at their "pretend" island and also in Nassau, which is a town I do not have to see twice although Cabbage beach was great and well worth the $4 cab fair. On that note, the cruise line did very little to explain anything about Nassau and where the beaches were, etc.....you were on your own, which is cool by me but you could see how it could confuse many.

All in all, we paid a modest fair, spent much money on the cruise (mainly wine/beer) and were able to find enough places that fit our joy (even though it was a rowdy group).

I will go a little more upscale next time to see how the other half lives however this half did fine and it is a true 3.5 out of 5 when all considered.....if weather was bad and we had to spend the days on board, I may have had a different story.......oh, before I go, i normally hate tacky vegas retro shows of any type....this show captured my attention and was great.....can't believe I said that but it was.

If weather is good and the price is right, go for it.....good clean cheap fun. Less

Read more Norwegian Sky cruise reviews >>