Radiance of the Seas Cruise Review by suedooley: Disappointed !

suedooley
Member Since 2014

Cabin Not Rated

Compare Prices on Radiance of the Seas Australia & New Zealand Cruises

Disappointed !

Sail Date: February 2014
Destination: Australia & New Zealand
Embarkation: Sydney (Australia)

I have just returned from a 17 night cruise to Australia and New Zealand. I have travelled with Royal Caribbean before and have always been very happy but this time I was glad to get home !

Unfortunately, mother nature wasn't kind to us far s the weather was concerned. It was cold, wet and very windy.

My main "gripe" about this cruise was the entertainment - or lack of it ! I have been on several cruises with Royal Caribbean and have never been disappointed but this time it was dreadful. The CD, Amy, seemed more interested in herself than arranging anything "interesting" for the passengers. The was was NO pool deck entertainment. The one day where the DJ played music on the pool deck people were dancing and generally enjoying themselves - an hour later it stopped. A fellow passenger went to ask why and was told he had been told by Amy to stop ! Her side kick Andrew was rude and obnoxious to passengers - patronising was top of his list. The quiz nights are not worth More mentioning - people who knew the answers to the questions were correct were told they weren't. The CD staff were far too young and inexperienced to cope. They had no idea how to deal with passengers of all ages. There was certainly no respect. The shows were poor and I - amongst others - walked out of a number of shows. The entertainer Benny J - a juggler was absolutely terrible, a 3 year old could have done better.

Organising shore excursions was another disaster waiting to happen. The organisation was unreal. People sat in the Theatre waiting to go and none of the stadd knew what to do. Even when the ship had tendered, we walked and walked around the ship until somebody realised where we hd to go. I have never, ever experienced such chaos. You would have thought they were doing it for the first time.

Disembarking the ship was no better, but by this time we were used to lack of organisation. As I had not been given a ticket for my Airport shuttle Bus (I was told I didn't need one) I sked one of the crew members where to go. She told me to speak to the "lady outside". When I asked her she said the bus hadn't arrived yet and to wait (in 37 degrees heat). i asked again and again but got the same answer. In the end, my gut feeling me to go to the coaches already lined up waiting and lo and behold, the bus that hadn't arrived yet was ready to leave for the Airport. Thank goodness for my gut feeling ....

The dining room staff and cabin attendants were - as always magnificant - nothing was too much for them and I appreciate everything they do. This includes, of course, bar attendants and the like

I wasn't the only one disappointed with this cruise. There were a lot of unhappy people around who were all geared up to write poor reviews. Those who were travelling withRC for the first time said they wouldn't travel with them again. RC seriously need to do something about their entertainment programme and staff.

I have booked to go on another RC ship in November and hope everything will be OK next time !! Less

Read more Radiance of the Seas cruise reviews >>