Royal Princess Cruise Review by JSfuntime

Royal Princess
Member Name: JSfuntime
Cruise Date: March 2014
Cabin Number: D442
See More About: Royal Princess Cruise Reviews | Eastern Caribbean Cruise Reviews | Princess Cruise Deals
Dining 5+
Public Rooms 5+

Great Vacation

My wife and I with another couple went on the Cruise leaving March 2/14. I have have been on the cruise before (but not the Royal) My wife never to the Caribbean and the other couple never cruised before. All I have to say is the cruise port in Fort Lauderdale is great.. Very fast at getting you in the door, room keys, and on the ship, by 12-1230pm in our room.

The boat was beautiful, and what I expected.. some of the things mentioned in previous reviews did come up, IE: toilet paper roll, dumb, spot.. put it on the other side, (BUT this is very minor and nit picking) The stairs missing from the center of the ship... much bigger deal.. to just go up ONE floor..long wait.. or long walk to the front or rear of the ship.

OTHER than that ... the ship was great... the staff awesome.. no complaints..

We had a small issue of a power failure ( a switch block had tripped) and we lost power briefly, but the safety feature on board, and the staff.. GREAT JOB.. we were back at full power in minutes.. no one would have known if the alarm didn't go off in everyone's staterooms. BUT PRINCESS did a great job..

I have cruised 5 times before this one all on the Grand class of ships, and yes its different, but it is a great ship and once you look past the differences,.. and remember this is a new design.. you will enjoy the ship and your cruise.

Our final day Dis-embarking.. was the BEST I have ever had.. We had a early departure.. 7:10 am... We left our stateroom and went down to the Symphony dinning room and just walked though, off the ship, down the escalator.. and all bags in hand through customs and outside waiting for a cab or shuttle by 7:25am. approx. 20 mins. AGAIN way to go PRINCESS... it always nice to end a vacation with no hiccups.. and not having to wait for luggage or long lines.

Publication Date: 03/20/14