Carnival Dream Cruise Review by lecach: Pretty good but will probably take a year off before cruising again

Carnival Dream 4
Member Since 2002
337 Forum Posts

Compare Prices on Carnival Dream Eastern Caribbean Cruises

Pretty good but will probably take a year off before cruising again

Sail Date: March 2014
Embarkation: Port Canaveral (Orlando)

We sailed on the Dream March 8-15. We booked FTTF but since the bridge got stuck, by the time we got to embarkation there were no lines and so FTTF didn't help with boarding. We did get to go right to our cabin (balcony 8436) and drop our stuff off and head up to lunch.

Food - didn't love the buffet at lunch - the indian was good and so was the wok if you were willing to wait 40 minutes. My husband enjoyed the pasta bar. Dinner was okay. Many nights I didn't enjoy the entrees. The menu definitely needs some work. Of course the chocolate melting cake never disappoints.

Ship - décor was not very attractive and the layout confusing. Also, the gift shop had very little variety - surprised they didn't have more shopping on board.

Casino - was great, very large with low table limits.

Pool decks - surprised there were only 2 small pools. We were able to always get chairs but had to get up at 8:30 to get a decent location. Loved the round wickers More lounges on Serenity.

Spa - we bought the Cloud 9 spa pass and really enjoyed it. Never found any of the areas crowded.

Service was great - was surprised at all the times we were called by name.

Shows - loved the comedy. Only saw one big show and it was good. LOVED Fun Force. My son especially enjoyed the class and show they did with Camp Carnival. Surprised they don't sell Fun Force stuff in the shop - my son would have been begging for a shirt or hat.

Camp Carnival - my 9 year old didn't really enjoy it til later in the week. Didn't seem to be many kids that participated. The staff seemed annoyed every time I went by. And they didn't really encourage the kids to come to the parties like they did on other ships. Once I was waiting on my son and overheard a counselor fussing at the 6-8 age group. She was downright mean. My son still had a great time thought so I guess that's what matters.

Overall we had a great week but I just didn't love the Dream. I think we'll try Royal again next time. Less

Published 03/19/14

Read more Carnival Dream cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Dream Review >>

Compare Prices on Carnival Dream Eastern Caribbean Cruises

Cabin review: 8436

Great location - no noise at all and easy to get to everything. Would stay in same cabin again.

Skip X