Carnival Breeze Cruise Review by jse1814

Carnival Breeze
Carnival Breeze
Member Name: jse1814
Cruise Date: March 2014
See More About: Carnival Breeze Cruise Reviews | Western Caribbean Cruise Reviews | Carnival Cruise Deals

Great experience for family cruise!

This was the first cruise that my family took together and we left with many great memories! My 14 year old son had friends on the ship or may not have had as much fun. If taking teenagers, I think it's important they have friends with them. My son may not have made new ones on the ship. From the time we arrived til the day we returned, there was plenty to do. The younger kids (7,9,11) attended a few camp carnival events, but mainly stayed with us. They weren't overly impressed. Needless to say, would love my next cruise to be a couples cruise to enjoy more of the adult events. We attended a handful of shows (Divas, Latin Nights and Juggling comedy show) and enjoyed all of them. We never went hungry- usually started the day with the buffet, most days enjoyed the Guy burgers or ate at port and evenings dined in the early seating Blush Restaurant. Loved having the same wait staff every night, they knew what we liked and always addressed us by name. We were happy with the quality of the food every night and our favorite dessert was the warm chocolate melting cake. So yummy! Kids especially loved the 24 hours pizza place and ice cream.

Spent a lot of time at the beach pool on sea days. Good sun, music and entertaining bits. Kids enjoyed the slides, basketball courts, putt-putt and outdoor fitness area. Our rooms were nice and didn't feel cramped like I thought we would. Loved having the cabin cleaned 3 times a day and kids enjoyed the animal towels every night. We were lucky that we were upgraded for free from an interior room to an ocean view. I would absolutely have paid the extra to get the ocean view. So nice to be able to see the view, where we were and the goings on at port. My 11 year old loved bringing her pillow and blanket up there to sit and enjoy the view.

Overall, we were very happy with our experience and look forward to our next cruise. Between excursions, drinks, pictures, arcade/casino, etc, we did spend quite a bit on top of our cruise fee, so be prepared for that. But well worth the expense for great family memories!

Publication Date: 03/18/14