Carnival Fascination Cruise Review by cdgdoublelove

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Carnival Fascination Cruise Review by cdgdoublelove
Carnival Fascination
Carnival Fascination
Member Name: cdgdoublelove
Cruise Date: March 2014
Embarkation: Jacksonville
Destination: Bahamas
Cabin Category: 1A

Oh my never again!!

We just got home from a 5 day cruise on Carnival. Here's the good the bad and the ugly, FYI.

I will start with the good. Since we made the reservations just 48 hrs. before cruising, we didn't have any info. nor a boarding pass. When we got to the dock a very nice man took us under his wing and escorted us to the front of the boarding LONG line, since the check in papers didn't have our names. He was most helpful as well as the lady behind the desk, setting up our needed paper work and cabin keys. We then walked right on board.

Then there was more good, the weather was fantastic! The ship sailed well, not too much "rocking and rolling". A very small, too small area for "over 21" quiet time, if you don't mind the loud humming of the ships engines.

Lots of food, most not very good.

Now then since we were not aware it was Spring Break when we booked the cruise (we come from a different part of the US, breaks are later in March) we were amazed at the vast number of young Spring Breakers. Here comes the bad, you could not get near the pool, they pretty much took up the whole pool, and ALL the deck chairs around it. The music and I use the term loosely was constant, LOUD, and so repetitious, never ending, all day long!! You could hardly find a quiet spot aboard. I love all kinds of music, but I've had enough "bass" beat for the rest of my life! How about a little jazz, country and Western, swing? Just vary it a little please!!

Then there was the constant drinking, very sad that kids can't have fun and enjoying themselves and remember what they should be enjoying, pretty much tipsy or drunk 24/7. Libations start with breakfast and go to well past midnight. I'm talking bottles of hard liqueur and wine in hand while dancing around the pool, chugging!!

However, if you happen to buy a bottle of wine off the ship to bring back for dinner, the crew will confiscate it and only return it AFTER the cruise is over!! Of course, how stupid of us, they want you to purchase their overly prices wine with dinner on board!

The food....really? Never could bring ourselves to eat off the buffet, unappetizing and greasy looking unidentifiable food, so much so they feel the need to label it. The deli just ok, but you get tired of the same old sandwiches every day! The pizza, ugh, soggy crust, not great. Desserts were good, and apples, oranges and bananas available all the time, also, soft serve ice cream always available.

Dinner, can I say repeat, repeat, and move the same meal in different places on the menu. I have to say the salmon and mahi mahi was tasty and they couldn't rune the baked potatoes.

Ok, entertainment, they did try hard, but just didn't quite live up to the many lovely shows we've had on board many other cruises we have taken. This was our 10..... NOT with Carnival!

Drinks expensive! Photos on board, expensive! Tours off ship, expensive! Gifts shops and jewelry expensive! Internet use expensive!

And no where could you find a little peace and QUIET! Ok, edit that, the library, can I say boring? The games you can check out in the library were a joke.

I have to say, our room was kept clean by a wonderful young lady names Estera from Serbia. Always cleaned quickly, and always clean towels. OH! BRING YOUR OWN HAIRDRYER! She was always pleasant and friendly. Our waiter at dinner was very nice too.

All in all save your money and if you still want to take a cruise don't do it on a Carnival ship!!

Publication Date: 03/25/14
Read the Bahamas ports review by cdgdoublelove
More Carnival Fascination Cruise Reviews