Ruby Princess Cruise Review by richard8

Cruise Date: February 2014
Cabin Number: D305

Ship Facts: Ruby Princess Review (by Cruise Critic!) | Ruby Princess Deck Plans
Disappointed with Ruby Princess

My wife and I have cruised many times mostly on Royal. Ive heard only good things about Princess, so we booked. We had a group of 10 People. Ages 30-75. We flew into Ft. Lauderdale pre-cruise stayed at the Sheraton Ft. Lauderdale $188.00 with tax. The hotel was great for 1 night. We walked to coconuts for dinner which we enjoyed and returned back at the hotel to pass out at 730 pm. Took a cab to the port at 11:00am.

Embark was a breeze. This was sold as a nine day only to learn days later it was sold as a 4 and a 5 day. I dont know if this matters. We did receive what I think is a good price. We were on the dolphin deck balcony mid ship. The cabin was fine except there was no privacy from above. The steward did his job and was pleasant.That was the only issue for the cabin. We chose any time dining for the first time. Will not do that again. I think you lose your CRUISE EXPERIENCE by doing anytime dining. I will choose MDR 2nd seating and if the menu is not to our liking, We will choose another venue. Again this is my own opinion. The buffet was pretty poor along with the service. The service in general was not good. Do you remember when you walk down the corridors and every employee says good morning,afternoon and good night.That didnt happen. Not saying that some of the help didnt do this, but few a far. I look for this because it is part, of the cruise experience. The design of the ship was difficult to navigate. I think I got lost daily.

The ports were nice and we enjoyed them. Took the tour of Atlantis. I liked it. Princess Cay was a great day. I did take the advice on cruise critic about turks and Caicos. When you get off the ship there is a nice beach to the left, but there are a lot of vendors . Just walk further down. Debark was a little slow but I was in no hurry as I had another 5 day cruise on the liberty. Which I think was great in all aspects. Over all, I wont go on another princess cruise. But there is nothing better then cruise.

Publication Date: 03/18/14