Star Princess Cruise Review by Dellastr: The Jozsef Mezei Trio made the cruise!

Dellastr
Member Since 2008

Compare Prices on Star Princess Hawaii Cruises

The Jozsef Mezei Trio made the cruise!

Sail Date: February 2014
Destination: Hawaii
Embarkation: Los Angeles

First the negative: As an avid reader and book lover, my first stop on any cruise ship is a visit to the ship's library. You call this a library???? I love spending time reading in a ship's library. The library on the Star Princess is an afterthought - very few books and about 3 comfortable chairs. I was sorely disappointed - actually appalled. It was very difficult finding a quiet place to read, as something noisy was always going on in the lounges.

We always eat in the main dining room. The food was okay, but the desserts were heavenly. Kudos to the dessert chef! The members of the dining room staff were very attentive and accommodating despite being overworked and rushed.

Now for the positive: The Jozsef Mezei Trio, a musical ensemble consisting of a violinist, a bass or cello player (I confess in my musical ignorance to note knowing the difference), and a pianist. The trio alternated each day between two of the ship's lounges. Forgive me if I gush. I have been on More many cruises, but never have I experienced such gorgeous music, either from lounge performers or the main stage performers. These three young men made the cruise for me, and I couldn't tear myself away from their venue when they were playing; their music was sumptuous, goose-bump inducing, and very moving. I would have gladly missed meals and shore excursions to continue to listen. (My spouse wouldn't cooperate.) We bought both of their CDs are are continuing to enjoy them. Three extremely talented young men, and I long to see them on future cruises. They, and they alone, are responsible for my 5-star rating. Minus their talent, this cruise would have been a 4-star event at best. Less

Read more Star Princess cruise reviews >>