Sea Princess Cruise Review by brianzb: Sea Princess - Brisbane to New Zealand return

brianzb
Member Since 2014

Cabin Not Rated

Compare Prices on Sea Princess Australia & New Zealand Cruises

Sea Princess - Brisbane to New Zealand return

Sail Date: February 2014
Destination: Australia & New Zealand
Embarkation: Brisbane

My wife and I were Platinum passenger on this cruise. The advantage of this was that the Internet connection was free.

We had a problem with the cruise cards clashing with mobile phones. I had five during the cruise.

I would like to see smoking banned on Deck 7. This was the main exercise deck.

We had a window cabin on this cruise. We thought this was a lot better value than the balcony cabins that we have had in the past. The Shower was cold and had to be repaired, I guess these things happen. Our room steward was most helpful and had the matter attended to that day. The shampoo dispenser and the product were awful.

I have a hearing problem – a dinner table of 4 would suit me better. There doesn’t appear to be any effort to match diners by age etc. We had a table of 4 on our last cruise but there would have been a 20 year age gap. Steakhouse food was good however we went on the night that the ship sailed out of Wellington during the More worst weather on the cruise. The staff did close some doors but it was breezy and the food went cold. We had trouble getting a seat in the Horizon Court on numerous occasions. We even had some rude passengers using the buffet as a library. Bacon continues to be terrible. Why can’t we get Australian or New Zealand bacon.

We bought two coffee cards. Unfortunately the service was terrible. According to the staff there are not enough coffee machines. It appears some future refurbishments may include dedicated coffee lounges.

Patter should be typed in Australian English. Most passengers on these cruises are Australians not Americans. Cruise daily newspaper not produced as was done on our last NZ cruise on the Dawn Princess.

Shows were only for a half hour duration - queues to get in as people were trying to get out. The cruise director lacked the people skills of directors on previous cruises.

Movies under the stars should be that ie not in daylight. There was too much activity around the pool to be able to hear movies and you could hardly see them. We preferred to watch movies in the Princess theatre.

Shore Excursions were too expensive . We arranged most of ours on the internet. We had originally booked the Christchurch bus tour. We went on the internet to look for Christchurch tours and found a combined bus and Christchurch tour for less than the bus on Princess. We did the Dunedin train excursion as it was exclusive to Princess. Buses to Wellington were not complimentary. We walked the twenty minutes.

Most of these criticisms were made in the princess questionnaire. I have not received a reply as at yet. Less

Read more Sea Princess cruise reviews >>