Independence of the Seas Cruise Review by Mister34990: Sick; Independence of the Seas & RCL - What to know & expect

Mister34990
Member Since 2014

Compare Prices on Independence of the Seas Western Caribbean Cruises

Sick; Independence of the Seas & RCL - What to know & expect

Sail Date: January 2014

Royal Caribbean International is not my favorite CRUISE LINE by far at the moment AND YOU SHOULD KNOW WHY SO YOU ARE AWARE! We left Port Everglades out of Ft. Lauderdale, FL. The first 3 days were GREAT, Fun and loved our Excursions. We were on a 6 day Cruise. Dining appeared good. Good food and even the buffet was easy to get to and yummy food. We were put in Isolation for Norovirus from the ship's Doctor for 24 hours although remained sick for 3 days, bound to the Stateroom. So 3 days good/3 days evil. The Cruise cost us $931.00 each. The amount they sent us as a Cruise Credit was $112. Upon calling I was told this was the actual time told to stay in your room, (told 24 hours & they posted a man outside our door for that time). The time you were treated in the Infirmary doesn't count, nor your sick days, we were told. Also, she informed me this must be used within a year, through a travel agent, towards a full fare no discounts or double dipping from an agent. Would you say I More just received a useless piece of paper? All the "WOW" Factors they advertise, just went down the toilet for me & thought you should know too. When they make a promise to reimburse you, DON'T HOLD YOUR BREATH!

p.s. We were informed on the side by the Doctor's Staff that they had us all do a log of everything we ate, where we received food from and where we sat, etc. They tracked the Virus to a lot of Bad Fish brought on board. It happens, but would you think maybe an upgrade or on-board credit would have been better than $112 that becomes unwanted if you have to pay a full fare and no discounts or you could not use their $112 piece of paper? humm.

p.s.s. Due to our illness the Disembarkation was a breeze. No one wanted to touch us or our luggage and we were escorted separately. Our luggage and us were marked with White Tags.

I would probably try Celebrity but have a BAD Feeling for RCL. Less

Read more Independence of the Seas cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Independence of the Seas Review >>

Cabin review: Independence of the Seas 9638

Perfect space and location on the ship. Located on the hump out on deck 9 you stick out the most off the ship, not having others look into your balcony. The room and bathroom areas were perfect size. We were also surprised and really liked the walk-in closet! The balcony with 2 lounges and 2 chairs plus a small table was great for relaxing while sick. But a ways from the bathroom when you need it so badly :-)

Ziplining

The owner, Mr. Evans, and staff were awesome. Our pictures they took of us were great and we have kept in touch even after the cruise. Nice and private, not overcrowded like other zip lines.

Snorkeling

This was an amazing experience. Our guides were the best. They did an absolutely, amazing job and they are good at what they do. I would definitely recommend this to anyone looking for an excursion on their cruise or anyone heading to that Island. I would definitely do it again.

Stingray Swim