Disney Fantasy Cruise Review by cruisewithrickntina: Disney Fantasy - Costa Maya Port-of-Call

cruisewithrickntina
Member Since 2014

Cabin Not Rated

Compare Prices on Disney Fantasy Western Caribbean Cruises

Disney Fantasy - Costa Maya Port-of-Call

Sail Date: March 2014
Embarkation: Port Canaveral

We recently cruised aboard Disney Fantasy and I must say that I was not thoroughly impressed with the ship. However, my 12-year old daughter really enjoyed it, she has the memories to treasure forever. My wife feels the same as I do. The Disney Fantasy was the thirteenth cruise for my wife and me, the sixth for my daughter. We have been regular cruisers with Royal Caribbean and Princess Cruises, this is the reason why I say that I was not impressed with Fantasy because of the comparison between ships and ports-of-call. As I mentioned, my daughter enjoyed it which is the most important thing to me and my wife. If your kid is happy, you're happy. The Fantasy ship really doesn't have the wow factor, but for the first-time cruisers, I am sure they are blown away. We have cruised the Royal Caribbean's Freedom of the Seas (2X) and Oasis of the Seas (2X), and Disney Fantasy just doesn't compare when it comes to amenities and activities. Fantasy has the water slide AquaDuck, which we really More enjoyed and the Disney characters (Mickey mouse et al) that are fantastic for kids, after that, the ship is just a regular cruise ship that is comparable to Princess and Carnival ships. Disney cruise is very expensive, but I feel that we got more bang for our buck with Royal Caribbean, however, don't tell that to my daughter.

Freedom and Oasis ships have ice skating rink, 18-hole mini put. rock wall climbing, water surfing simulator, Aqua diving show, first-rated broadway type entertainment, a very large H2O zone for kids water park enjoyment, just google the rest and you will be amazed.

As I said, I was not impressed with the Fantasy ship, but I was happy with the entertainment for kids, the food, the overall service and friendliness of the crew members, but then again you can also get these with Royal Caribbean. Less

Read more Disney Fantasy cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Disney Fantasy Review >>

Very short review. If you're cruising and one of your ports-of-call is Costa Maya, avoid price gouging by one of the restaurants, Carlos n Charlie's. I ordered a bottle of beer, a bowl of tortilla chips, and a fruit smoothie for my daughter. I didn't even bother to look at the menu. but the price came to $26 US. I was expecting maybe $15 tops. Unless you're the type who don't mind being gouged with pricing, then by all means go for it.