Disney Fantasy Cruise Review by cruisewithrickntina

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Disney Fantasy Cruise Review by cruisewithrickntina
Disney Fantasy
Disney Fantasy
Member Name: cruisewithrickntina
Cruise Date: March 2014
Embarkation: Port Canaveral
See More About: Disney Fantasy Cruise Reviews | Western Caribbean Cruise Reviews | Disney Cruise Deals
Dining 5+
Public Rooms 5+

Disney Fantasy - Costa Maya Port-of-Call

We recently cruised aboard Disney Fantasy and I must say that I was not thoroughly impressed with the ship. However, my 12-year old daughter really enjoyed it, she has the memories to treasure forever. My wife feels the same as I do. The Disney Fantasy was the thirteenth cruise for my wife and me, the sixth for my daughter. We have been regular cruisers with Royal Caribbean and Princess Cruises, this is the reason why I say that I was not impressed with Fantasy because of the comparison between ships and ports-of-call. As I mentioned, my daughter enjoyed it which is the most important thing to me and my wife. If your kid is happy, you're happy. The Fantasy ship really doesn't have the wow factor, but for the first-time cruisers, I am sure they are blown away. We have cruised the Royal Caribbean's Freedom of the Seas (2X) and Oasis of the Seas (2X), and Disney Fantasy just doesn't compare when it comes to amenities and activities. Fantasy has the water slide AquaDuck, which we really enjoyed and the Disney characters (Mickey mouse et al) that are fantastic for kids, after that, the ship is just a regular cruise ship that is comparable to Princess and Carnival ships. Disney cruise is very expensive, but I feel that we got more bang for our buck with Royal Caribbean, however, don't tell that to my daughter.

Freedom and Oasis ships have ice skating rink, 18-hole mini put. rock wall climbing, water surfing simulator, Aqua diving show, first-rated broadway type entertainment, a very large H2O zone for kids water park enjoyment, just google the rest and you will be amazed.

As I said, I was not impressed with the Fantasy ship, but I was happy with the entertainment for kids, the food, the overall service and friendliness of the crew members, but then again you can also get these with Royal Caribbean.

Publication Date: 03/17/14