Carnival Spirit Cruise Review by jodmatt: GS is it really worth it?

jodmatt
Member Since 2012

Compare Prices on Carnival Spirit South Pacific Cruises

GS is it really worth it?

Sail Date: September 2013
Destination: South Pacific
Embarkation: Sydney (Australia)

Hi when we cruised on the Carnival Spirit we were expecting a little bit more than what we got considering we apparently had the BEST room on the ship. I will pay credit where credit is due. The room was AMAZING and very spacious and there was 4 of us in the room and it did not feel like we were climbing all over one and other. The Balcony was huge. 2 massive doors on either side. Ample closet space. Biggest bathroom I have ever seen on a ship and even a dressing room! Beds were comfy, but that is where it ends for me I am afraid, Our cabin staff were very slack and you got no benefits for having paid an arm and a leg for the room. On other cruise lines you get little things like fruit, champagne on arrival and even P&O give you horsiedovers hahaha....

My Daughter had a ball in the ClubO2, so I would recommend that for the 15-17years old. Also going to the Empire dining room is a must!!! One bar man out of the whole ship who really worked like he wanted to be there... I More just could not believe how slack they were on the majority of things and how they treated people it was like they were not interested in you at all. Sorry we would not travel Carnival again. We also had VIP check in and our friends/family didn't and they were on board before us.... What is with that??? Will stick to P&O and Princess even if we have an inside cabin... Less

Read more Carnival Spirit cruise reviews >>