Celebrity Summit Cruise Review by wenbrow: Another Great Celebrity Cruise

Another Great Celebrity Cruise

Sail Date: March 2014
Destination: Southern Caribbean
Embarkation: San Juan

My husband and I (30's) took this trip with my mother and father in law (60's) and had a wonderful time. The embarkation was so easy and I think we checked in in record time. We were on the ship in 15 min and had to wait another 20 min to get into our room which wasn't bad.

Aside from the noise from the Sunset Bar (read my room review of 9201) my only other annoyance from this cruise was them losing my luggage from the time we checked until my mother-in-law found it in a "crew only" area because none of the staff could "find" it. (I don't think they cared to look very hard). My whole family got their bags at 1p and by 6:30p, they still couldn't find mine. I was getting really angry because I couldn't figure out how you lose a bag from the check in to the 9th floor, but our cabin stewards seemed baffled and told me to file a complaint with the front desk. While that was going on, my MIL was going door to door and finally found it at the other end of the ship in a "crew-only" More area sitting all by itself. Not sure why they couldn't find it, but I was just glad to have my bag!

The food was great in the MDR and we loved Qusine which we had on night one. The staff was very attentive (aside from the understaffed bar crew) and we never had any issue getting drinks with our premium drink package. We got a free Classic Package when we booked our cruise and upgraded to the premium for only $80pp. This is highly worth it even if you only drink the bottled water and coffee and I would highly recommend it!

The shows in the main theater were pretty boring I thought, with the exception of the comedian. They did have live music acts (5 O'Clock Somewhere Duo, Will Foraker and Justin Wade) that would play in the bars and they were all awesome!!

Overall we had a great time and Celebrity is my new favorite line, they just need a little help with entertaining the younger crowd. Less

Read more Celebrity Summit cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Celebrity Summit Review >>

Cabin review: Celebrity Summit 9201

We love having an aft cabin because the balcony's are so much larger and this was no exception. Our balcony had a table with 4 chairs and 2 loungers for sunning so when we couldn't find a chair at the pool, we went back to our room. It is also located directly below the Sunset Bar and in the afternoon it was great because you could hear the live music and didn't have to mess with the crowd at the bar. HOWEVER...this room was exceptionally noisy due to the chairs constantly moving above us from 6a-3a. we started to think people we just moving them around all night to mess with us since it never seemed to stop! We even brought earplugs to help combat this, but it still wasn't enough. We put up with it for the first few days, but by day 7, I was ready to pull my hair out because I never got a good nights sleep. I am only 36 and am usually up until 1a anyway, but I don't appreciate the wake up call at 6a.