Norwegian Spirit Cruise Review by crusin quinns: Norwegian Spirit - Eastern Caribbean

Norwegian Spirit 5
crusin quinns
Member Since 2005
134 Forum Posts

Overall Member Rating

Norwegian Spirit - Eastern Caribbean

Sail Date: January 2007
Embarkation: New York (Manhattan)

We left the port of New York on January 13th. We live in Connecticut and found the port easy to get to. We arrived at 1:20 p.m. and were aboard ship by 1:45 p.m. We are Latitudes members and found the boarding process quick and painless.

I had my reservations about the Spirit when reading the past member reviews. I just want to say right off, that my husband and I just loved this ship. It was very colorful and had lots of character. The oriental theme was lovely. This ship is a medium sized ship and we have decided that it is the perfect size for us. I am saddened that it will be moving to New Orleans, but we would definitely fly there to sail with our new friend!

This was our 13th cruise with Norwegian. The new Latitudes tier program blew the other cruise lines away. Every day, twice a day, we had some kind snack or goodie delivered to our cabin. The first day they sent a fruit basket with wine. We also received invitations to two cocktail parties, and assigned More our own concierge. We were considered VIP's in the casino, never paid for a drink and were comped the gratuity at the restaurant of our choice which included a bottle of wine. The staff and crew could not have been more wonderful. I have never been treated so special and, Norwegian, if you are reading this, you have two devoted future passengers.

We only went to one show, Second City (boring), as we are not show people. I believe we only laughed at two of the skits. This was a relaxation cruise for me and we spent much of our time sitting on the promenade deck reading and napping. This is out of the ordinary for me. I am always rushing from one thing to another, trying to get the most out of my vacation. We went ashore in St. Thomas to get some exercise walking into town, and took a taxi tour of the island of Antigua. Other than that, we read and napped! It was wonderful.

Disembarking was a breeze. Thanks Hanna & Corinna for all your kindnesses!

All-in-all, I would give this cruise a 9 (nobody is perfect)! Less

Family & Children
Rates
Value for Money
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?
Skip X