MSC Armonia Cruise Review by JOCKYDOO: EXCELLENT CRUISE

EXCELLENT CRUISE

Sail Date: February 2014
Destination: Canary Islands
Embarkation: Tenerife

We booked last minute and paid £199 each for an inside cabin but were upgraded to an inside which was nice. I think this may have been because we have cruised a dozen times with other cruise lines. Anyway we knew this was a much smaller ship than we were used to so our expectations were not high. Check in was fast and efficient and within 20 minutes of arriving at check in we were in our cabin. Cabin was spotless and had everything needed including a safe. We always had constant hot water. Cabin staff were very good and very attentive.

We always eat I the buffets of any ship just because of my fussy husband who likes to help himself. The food was very good with lots of choice. There was also an outdoor pizza station and a grill serving breakfast and burgers etc throughout the day. Two small pools were too cold and since I saw no one in the pool the whole week I assume everyone else thought the same. There were two hot tubs but struggled to get in as it was full of small More unsupervised children playing games, I love children but it was a bit annoying at times, again I assume this was because pools were too cold ? We don't usually bother with the entertainment as we like the casino which was very good however saw one show which was excellent. We are both tee-total so can't comment on bar prices. some nice shops on board considering it is not a large ship. We had a problem with a storm so the Captain decided to miss out a call and stay in Madeira for 2 and a half days which we were not too happy about especially as we had been to Madeira several times but the Captain has to keep us safe. While the ship was in port all that time the shops and casino on board did not open which was a bit of a nuisance. One other thing was they added 14 euros per day for gratuities which we found unacceptable, I am no scrooge but I just felt this was a bit too much and on the last day had them adjust the bill and paid half, there was no hassle doing this. All in all a good little cruise and would certainly use MSC cruise lines again but on one of their larger ships. Less

Read more MSC Armonia cruise reviews >>