“Worst experience”

Member Since 2014
No Forum Posts
No Helpful Votes
Overall Member Rating

Worst experience we have had from front desk, security,and dining room staff. Often we felt we were being singled out for bad service (I have 40+ years in customer service).

Security decided they needed to have me open a bag and then proceeded to search through it with bare hands, rifling through my shaving kit/toiletries because of my barber scissors I carry to trim my beard and mustache. Then the person wants to see my CPAP and grabs it - putting his finger inside the air outlet. Refused to back off when I explained I did not want him touching my stuff. Then started going through my clothing. At no time was he wearing gloves and there was no hand sanitizer in the area.

Dining was a real challenge. Food quality has gone down - with a couple of exceptions. (FYI - Best food deal on the ship is Johnny Rockets - hamburgers are awesome and it is $5 for all you care to eat). My traveling companion has a food allergy. The staff appeared to understand but repeatedly served food that was supposed to have been "specially" prepared for her. Often it wasn't and it seemed to humor the dining staff when she had a reaction. On the last night we simply got up from the table and left to go to the Windjammer.

The tenor of this cruise was set on day one and never changed. Now I wait to see what horrid disease may be incubating in my body because of security's lack of contamination procedures (we did meet with the head of security and he assured the matter was being addressed and protocols were in place. As we got on and off the ship at each port it was still hit or miss.)

Will strongly consider other cruise lines.

Adventure of the Seas Cruises to the Eastern Caribbean
  • Shore Excursions
  • Value for Money

Cabin review:

7312
Stateroom attendant was the exception to our experience. We wanted to bring him home with us and let him know that. He was awesome. Thank you Carlos!
Published 03/14/14
No Helpful Votes
Read Cruise Critic’s Adventure of the Seas Review
Adventure of the Seas Cruises to the Eastern Caribbean
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?