Carnival Conquest Cruise Review by judirae

Carnival Conquest
Member Name: judirae
Cruise Date: February 2014
Value-for-Money 5+

Fun cruise! Nice ship! Great adventures!

Such a fun cruise! We embarked at the port of Miami with a group of about 200 parrot heads and were ready for fun and adventure. Our ports of call were Cozumel, Mexico; Belize City, Belize; Roatan, Honduras (beautiful, beautiful island!); and Grand Cayman, Cayman. The stops were great. It was my first trip to Belize and Roatan and I wasn't disappointed. Other than the cave tubing in Belize, I'm not sure there was much else to do besides snorkeling so I don't think I'd make an effort to return there though. Roatan was outstanding. Beautiful beaches, friendly people, and lots to see. We loved it so much we are considering going there for a week next year.

The ship itself was nice. Seems like it had been remodeled recently and it was done in an artists of the world motif. Pretty if a little boring. I really appreciated the adults only pool and hot tubs. Made for an enjoyable and relaxing cruise for those of us traveling without kids. The snack bars seemed to have odd hours and I kept missing them being open. The food was good. Not great but not bad. I'd give it a C+ or a B-. I enjoyed the buffet more than the sit down dining. Our wait staff and our cabin steward were awesome but the rest of the staff was a little lackluster. They were competent. Nothing bad or good that really stood out. I haven't been on a cruise in a number of years and I remember them going more out of their way to make people happy and I didn't get that same feeling this time around. They weren't bad, just not as outstanding as I thought they'd be. The entertainment was a little flat as well but we brought our own musical acts with us and that more than made up for it. I think people even outside our group of 200 were appreciative of some good trop-rock music to listen to in the evenings!

All in all it was a great trip and you can't beat Carnival for getting more bang for your vacation buck so I'd definitely cruise with them again. One of the really great things was that after leaving my kindle in my cabin, Carnival recovered it and mailed it back to me (at my expense). I really did think I wouldn't get it back. It took about 3 weeks but I got it back, which was awesome!

Publication Date: 03/14/14