Celebrity Silhouette 5

skip.brandy
Member Since 2012
246 Forum Posts

Overall Member Rating

First it took us only 30-45 minutes to get off the ship, that's including going through customs. The longest time was trying to find I-95, that definitely needs improving.

We had chocolates on our pillows EVERY night including the last night. Our fridge was left UNLOCKED until we had left, we had medication, our water bottles, and milk, and pastries (my husband needs to take food with his night heart meds.,) Victor our steward, had no problem with us removing the beer and liqueur on our first day, and leaving them on the dresser. (We've never had any problems with doing this with Celebrity.)

Yes, it would be nice to have a laundry, to do our own laundry, but I bring a small hanging laundry hanger with pegs, (that I bought from the "dollar store") that I hang on the towel rack, to dry anything from swim wear, to undies, mine and my husbands, no problems there either with the steward on any cruises we've taken.

As for the food, in either the Ocean-view cafe, More or the MDR, (there was a little problem with two deserts, Cherry Jubilee, and the Angel food cake, not up to standards), we had no problems, and my husband was a chef, trained in some of the best hotels in London England, so he knows his food. Okay, the lobster was a bit tasteless, it wasn't East Coast lobster, which has the best tasting lobster, most likely Caribbean rock lobster.

We cruised with Celebrity five times now, Costa twice B2B, never again, HAL, and Cunard, it's Celebrity all the way, in fact my husband is planning our next cruise with Celebrity, for the Panama Canal. Less

Celebrity Silhouette Cruises to the Western Caribbean

Overall Ratings

Sail Date: February 2014
Family & Children
Rates
Value for Money

Cabin review:

9212
Our cabin steward, Victor was excellent, did see too much of him, but you know he was there.

Published 03/14/14

Read Cruise Critic's Celebrity Silhouette Review

Celebrity Silhouette Cruises to the Western Caribbean

Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?