Celebrity Silhouette Cruise Review by luvbermuda: Wondership ship and great cruise!

luvbermuda
Member Since 2008

Dining Not Rated

Compare Prices on Celebrity Silhouette Eastern Caribbean Cruises

Wondership ship and great cruise!

Sail Date: March 2014

My husband and I just got back from our cruise on the Silhouette. We both felt that of any of the cruises we have been on together (I have done some ladies cruises also), this was a wonderful ship without issues. I had been on an RCL cruise in June and did not enjoy the food.

The cruise director, Patty, was wonderful!

Our cabin #1245 was by the elevators and atrium. I had booked this as I was told this area have larger balconies and we were very satisfied. Our cabin attendant, Paul, was very attentive and efficient. As soon as we were to breakfast (never after 8- most times earlier), our cabin was cleaned so when we came back, everything was done until evening.

The shows were great! Our cruise had 4 outside entertainers so we did not just see all the usual productions. Shows did fill up quickly and most people lined up a half hour before especially for the adult comedian in Sin City.

We booked an Alcove cabana for one day and loved it! You have More service for drinks and food all day. The cabanas had an awning that you can use for shade or put down for sun. Each had a very comfortable lounge bed and two cushioned chairs with a hassock as well as a large serving table and smaller one. We felt it was worth the $150 price for an at Sea Day.

There was not a problem getting a lounge chair on the pool level anytime although those directly next to the pool were always filled. We preferred the shaded area and got one anytime we went.

The main dining room food was good- not great. The 2nd formal night did have a lobster tail on the menu which also was good- not great, a little tough. We did not eat every single night in the dining room and ate at the buffet which was fine. For breakfast the buffet was very good. We also ate at Bistro 5 for crepes and the Porch for lunch to have a variety.

For a change, this ship had some nicer shops. There is a Michael Kors shop but since I have an outlet near me, I did not shop there as I can get the same things at the outlet for much less (same crossbody purse I paid $129 was $188 there).

Our first stop in San Juan was okay. I was expecting a nicer shopper area in Old San Juan and we went back to the ship after an hour. I did not see any place I would like to have a meal or drink at.

The only problem we encountered was our excursion from St. Kitts to Nevis Island. We were expecting a nice short island tour of ocean views with lovely houses and just rode on an old bus thru the "city area" and took forever to get to the beach. When we got there, we also thought we would have a lunch in a nice restaurant by the beach. It was not inviting and we, along with a few other's, chose to skip lunch and walk right on the beach. They were not aware a bus group was coming so the chairs weren't ready. They were set up and the chairs were filthy!! The water, however, was calm and lovely. We felt we wasted a day of our vacation on that tour.

The next day we went to Orient Beach on St. Maarten which was much nicer. Clean cushioned beach chairs were provided.

Having the classic drink package was wonderful. We did NOT upgrade to the premium and were very satisfied with the mixed drinks we ordered. We do not drink wine so I can't comment on that!

All in all, Celebrity is our favorite cruise line and this ship did certainly convince us to stay with Celebrity for future cruises! Less

Read more Celebrity Silhouette cruise reviews >>