Celebrity Equinox Cruise Review by River54: First cruise with Celebrity

Cabin Not Rated

Compare Prices on Celebrity Equinox Eastern Caribbean Cruises

First cruise with Celebrity

Sail Date: January 2014

My husband & I have previously cruised with Princess and Cunard but this was our first Celebrity cruise and we were not disappointed. The ship was well laid out and very easy to negotiate. Check in was quick and easy and we were soon on board in time for lunch in the Ocean view café which had the best buffet selection I have ever seen on a cruise ship - amazing- something to suit all tastes.

We had a sunset cabin at the back of the ship and it was lovely to stand on the balcony at sail aways and very private. I liked the bathroom with the large shower cubicle. Our cabin steward Joaquin was very efficient and on seeing my birthday cards he left a bottle of champagne which was very thoughtful.

We choose to eat in the MDR on a table of 8 but were seated on a 6 and for the first three evenings there were only four but the other couple were so nice and friendly so we decided not to move to a larger table. We were then joined by two more for the rest of the More cruise and had a very enjoyable dining experience. The food was excellent and the waiters first class. Our only complaint being that the dining room was rather noisy particularly as there were two tables of 8 seated nearby who were very loud. Perhaps on another cruise we would opt for the Blu dining option for a 'restaurant' experience rather than a dining room. After much research we purchased a drinks package pre cruise and although we are not heavy drinkers we really enjoyed having champagne and visiting the Molecular bar and trying different wines at dinner and the coffees at Café Balacio were a treat every day. It also included freshly squeezed orange juice in the buffet.

We don't usually go to shows as they are not our thing but this time we saw a young violinist from Scotland and a 'Cirque de Soleil' type show and enjoyed both.

As we had been to some of the Caribbean islands before we didn't take any tours. I can recommend Rockley Beach in Barbados which is a short taxi ride from the port and in St Kitts we walked to the Clock Tower and took a open taxi tour with Walter who has a free bar included in the price which was great fun.

A fantastic cruise for my 60th birthday and we definitely be sailing with Celebrity again. Less

Read more Celebrity Equinox cruise reviews >>