Celebrity Silhouette Cruise Review by ftballref: Enjoyable Celebrity cruise

Cabin Not Rated

Compare Prices on Celebrity Silhouette Eastern Caribbean Cruises

Enjoyable Celebrity cruise

Sail Date: March 2014

I sailed on the Silhoutte 3/2 for 7 days to the eastern Caribean. Stops were at Puerto Rico, St Kitts and St Marteen.

Silhoutte is a newer shp and I found it to be very clean and the crew helpful and somewhat reserved compared to other ships I have been on. The Captain (or Master as he refered to it) was probably the easiest to get to meet..anytime he was out and about - which was frequent - he would stand for pix and bump fists. Plus he as just plain funny. Our group had the drinl package and it paid off. Note: there was a large group called the "Drink Club' that made a lot of noise and was very rowdy. They should have been on Carnival!!The shows were very good and different from others I have seen. Creative is a good word here. Overall the food was very good and well presented (and as usual plentiful).

Ft Lauderdale was embarkation/debarkation: currently there is a major road building project that had traffic backed up quite a way. Once our bus was parked,we found More the baggeage handlers to be pushy and almost demanding a tip before moving bages from bus to bins. Needs to be addressed. No problem boarding, Celebrity is quite efficient and had over 30 agents working! Debarcation was also handled well. From the time my group was called until I exited past immigration was just under 20 minutes.

I would recommend Celebrity Silhoutte to anyone…including first time cruisers.. Less

Read more Celebrity Silhouette cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Celebrity Silhouette Review >>

Took a taxi tour vs the cruise offered tours. We negotiated the price with Sam the Man (find and use him). He took us around the island, near the Fort, into the Batik gardens and then to Frigate Bay on the far side of the island.
St Kitts is trying to become like St Marteen and other islands nearby, but has a long way to go. The have the small village of shops at the end of the pier like most islands, but once you leave that you find yourself in downtwon St Kitts - crowded and not all that clean. Litter and trash on every corner. Compared to Frigate Bay which is very clean and well kept, it was disappointing. If you go there, head on over to Frigate Bay…beautiful and scenic.
FYI..the railway tour is very $$ and they now charge $10US to get into the fort..

Clean and friendly. The beach is a great people watching spot and there is an abundance of stores and shops to pick up gifts and jewelry at reasonable prices. You can negotiate almost everything.
I founf the liquor prices there to be better than onboard prices and they will box your purchase and get it to the ship.
My favorite bar is "The Blue Bitch" and sits just across from the beach. Free WiFi, decent drinks and the food is very good.
If you are looking fordecent souvenir prices, I recommend Caribbean Way on Front Street. Very helpful folks in there.
Take the water taxi ($7 all day).