Royal Princess Cruise Review by Mittens101

Royal Princess
Member Name: Mittens101
Cruise Date: March 2014
Cabin Number: c407
See More About: Royal Princess Cruise Reviews | Eastern Caribbean Cruise Reviews | Princess Cruise Deals
Member Rating   5+ out of 5+
Dining 5+
Public Rooms 5+
Entertainment 5+
Value-for-Money 5+

Wonderful cruise on a gorgeous ship

We flew in the day before and stayed at the Holiday Inn Express. We've stayed there before and it was fine for one night. We took the shuttle from the hotel to the ship. We had to wait for a bit to get on the ship as there were over 1000 Elite members on this cruise, but the wait was fine.

It takes a lot to make me go WOW and the Royal Princess did just that. As soon as we stepped into the Piazza my heart was stolen away. She was so beautiful with all of her gold and lights. We stopped and I got my coffee card and my husband got his soda sticker. This was the first time I had purchased the coffee card and it was well worth it. You can use it for coffee, premium teas and the gelato stand. We made our way to our cabin to drop our carryon bags, then headed up to the buffet. The layout was a little difficult to get use to, but in the end we both loved it. They had so many selections to choose from. I am a vegetarian and they had so many options that I was blown away. We only ended up going to the main dining rooms 3 nights and chose to eat at the buffet the rest of the evenings. There was really no need as the selections were wonderful. They had nuts, beans, salads and anything I could ask for. My husband was pleased as the selections of meats and sides were to his liking as well. We did have anytime dining and we were seated at the main dining room with no reservations with no problems. The food was very enjoyable and the service was excellent.

We really enjoyed the movies for the Movies under the Stars. I think we watched at least 4 of them. They brought around popcorn, pizza, ice cream and cookies. We did not eat all of the options, but it was nice to know that many people were enjoying it. We did go to several of the shows and the entertainment was good.

Our ports were Princess Cays, St Thomas and St Marteen. We loved Princess Cays the best. We did not get off the ship in St Marteen as we had been there before and had nothing else we wanted to see. We spent the day on the ship in the adults only pool at the front of the ship and it was wonderful. It's like you have the ship all to yourself or a select few.

The cabin was spacious with lots for room for our luggage and clothing. Pratch was our cabin steward and took very good care of us.

We opted for the walk off service first thing on disembarkation day and took a shuttle waiting at the cab area.

It was a wonderful cruise. We got to spend a wonderful week with my sister and her husband and we all enjoyed the trip very much.

Publication Date: 03/14/14