Ruby Princess Cruise Review by misschrissy

Cruise Date: February 2014
Dining 5+

Ship Facts: Ruby Princess Review (by Cruise Critic!) | Ruby Princess Deck Plans
Very nice, once again

This was my second time on Ruby and it's still a beautiful ship. I think the food is very good, contrary to what others have said on here. I loved the food the first time 2 years ago and it didn't disappoint this time around either. The french onion soup in the dining room was one of the best I've ever had and I never felt disappointed with any meal. Loved the International Cafe as well, one of my favorite places. the buffet is just ok, nothing to get excited about but there was always something decent. The desserts on board are quite good and no complaints at all.

We had a lovely cabin with the huge balcony and that's one of the major reasons why I booked again on this ship. You don't see balconies like this very often. Yes, those in the cabins above you can look down onto your balcony but that didn't deter me from enjoying the space, getting some sun and avoiding the crowds around the pool!

Some of the drinks were very very strong so be warned! Many times we had to add a chaser of juice to go with the drinks as they couldn't even be consumed as they tasted like pure alcohol! Ok but a bit strong!

The staff for the most part were good but I didn't find our cabin steward or some of the wait staff overly accommodating like the last time. Not a big deal and they certainly were not rude, just an observation that I was a bit surprised to see.

Fellow passengers were a bit older but at least it wasn't the party crowd and we could enjoy ourselves without having to deal with rowdy, loud people. People were friendly and enjoyed striking up conversations. Nice change.

So enjoyed Nassau, just went to Cable Beach and found a chair between the Melia and Wyndham properties and just sat at the beach all day. Nassau did get a bit crowded upon our return to the ship as there were 6 ships in port that day and the shops were busy. Glad we were away from the crowds and had peace and quiet on the beach. Princess Cays- we avoided the crowds once again by booking with Eleuthera Tours and had an amazing day at Lighthouse Beach where there were hardly any other people around. It was the highlight of my trip, the nicest beach I've ever seen and very quiet, no crowds. Only 8 people from the ship participated (thats all they can accommodate) and everyone agreed this was the best part of their vacation. Grand Turk was ok, not great. Felt like a let down after Eleuthera but at least it was a sunny, hot day and the weather was great throughout the entire trip.

Disembarkation was not the greatest as the customs officers were late so we were held in our designated disembarkation spot for about an hour. No fault of the ship but I always wish there was an easier process.

Overall, a very nice cruise and would recommend this ship to others looking for a ship with class, good food and an all around good cruising experience.

Publication Date: 03/14/14