Liberty of the Seas Cruise Review by polythenepam19: Love the Liberty!

polythenepam19
Member Since 2013

Compare Prices on Liberty of the Seas Western Caribbean Cruises

Love the Liberty!

Sail Date: February 2014

My daughter (27) and I (56) took this cruise to celebrate the attainment of her Masters Degree. I have cruised before on several different lines with my DH as well as with my DD and DS. DD and I just loved this class of ship. While it is large and offers many different public areas, experiences, entertainment venues, pools, bars, eateries and more it never felt like we were on a ship with over 3000 passengers. I found all staff members to be helpful and friendly and had the best room steward I have ever had on my 8 cruises.

DD and I did My Time Dining and it worked out very well for us. We enjoyed every meal we had in Boticelli including a breakfast and 2 lunches. I had duck, rack of lamb, and lobster for dinner - all were well prepared. We had dinner at Portofino, which was fabulous. We had one dinner in the Windjammer and enjoyed the variety offered. We like the sandwiches and pizza at Sorrentos and the sandwiches, pastries and cookies at the Café Promenade. We both More had the Royal Replenish beverage package and found it to be a great value. We enjoyed several hot and cold coffees each day, fresh squeezed OJ with breakfast, sparkling water or soda with lunch and dinner, bottle still water throughout the day and frozen drinks at the shows, near the pools and on Labadee.

We LOVED, LOVED, LOVED our promenade view interior cabin. It was fun to look out at the action below and was very quiet when there wasn't a parade or activity on the promenade - we were on the 7th floor somewhat near the aft elevators. Our cabin was right over the Cafe Promenade and very convenient to the Promenade, Boticelli Dining Room and the WJ.

We had an enjoyable Kayak excursion on Labadee and a lovely day at Columbus Cove. Probably the only thing remotely negative about our cruise was our excursion on Jamaica. We took the Grand Jamaica and Dunn’s River Falls trip - it is a long 1.5 hour drive to Dunn’s River Falls and we found the park to be a bit of a tourist trap. However we loved the Brimmer Hall Estate plantation tour - it was a real working plantation and the 'guides' were warm, friendly Jamaicans. The last stop was supposed to be lunch and beach time at a hotel - we only had 20 minutes there, so no beach time and the lunch was just barely okay. There was just too much to do in the 3 hours of non-travel time.

We went to three shows and enjoyed them all! Saturday Night Fever was very true to the movie and, while the dancing may have a bit better than the singing, I loved it! DD loved the ice show and I enjoyed it very much. I thought In the Air was fabulous and while DD liked it she thought it was a bit strange.

Liberty has the best gym I have ever seen on a ship.

Staff members enforced the no children policy in the adult pool - YAY!

I have enjoyed every cruise I have been on and usually arrive home and dream of another cruise on a different ship. But this time when I got home I realized I would happily cruise on the Liberty for my next cruise! Less

Read more Liberty of the Seas cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Liberty of the Seas Review >>

Cabin review: Liberty of the Seas 7613

We loved our Promenade Stateroom! Fun to look out the window, great location, quiet and a very reasonable cost.