Carnival Valor Cruise Review by annekevin

Member Name: annekevin
Cruise Date: February 2014
Embarkation: San Juan
Destination: Southern Caribbean
See More About: Carnival Valor Cruise Reviews | Southern Caribbean Cruise Reviews | Carnival Cruise Deals
Dining 5+
Shore Excursions 5+

Great time with some complications...

Our cruise dates were Feb 16 - Feb 23, 2014. On Feb 10, 2014 I ended up in the ER and the Dr's found a blood clot in my leg. We were worried that we wouldn't be able to go on our cruise so we called the cruise line on Feb 11, 2014 to see if I could have my INR checked while we were guests or we had to cancel the trip.. We were told Yes we could! On Feb 17, 2014 when I went in to get my blood checked all the cartridges were expired and I couldn't be tested. They had to set up appointments at labs in St. Thomas. By the time it was all figured out and We went to the hospital we had only a few hours on the Island to enjoy. This was very disappointing to us as we were on the cruse with 2 other couples and we missed out on sights with them (after they waited with us for a few hours we then told them to go have fun cuz our day was shot. 2 days later they were able to get me into Barbados hospital. This time we only lost out on 2 hours or our time. On Sunday morning I went to see if I could help setting up an appointment in San Juan because we had time there before going home. They were able to get cartridges from another ship that worked to check my INR before we left.

A lot of our time was wasted because we were told that a simple 5 minute test was available and turned out not to be upon arrival. I am thankful for the medical staff as they did do what they could AFTER I was upset and crying and my fiance went to guest services. We are not complainers and I wouldnt be right now if items had been checked properly and I was able to get the test without missing out on so much.

Our cabin steward Ryan was an amazing person to meet and greet on a daily basis. He was very friendly and if we had questions about anything he did his best to help answer or find the answer. Also Argentina in the dining room was amazing! She remembered us every evening, always had a smile on her face, greeted us outside of the dining room.

The entertainment was good! The food was excellent! Staff was friendly!

We had a good time even though there were issues! The Islands that we did get to spend the whole time on were beautiful and we loved every minute of it.

Publication Date: 03/13/14