Norwegian Breakaway Cruise Review by AleeMomofThree: VERY ENJOYABLE!

AleeMomofThree
Member Since 2014

Cabin Not Rated

Compare Prices on Norwegian Breakaway Bahamas Cruises

VERY ENJOYABLE!

Sail Date: February 2014
Destination: Bahamas
Embarkation: New York (Manhattan)

I felt I had to write a review for this trip. I went with my husband and three boys, my sister and her husband and their two daughters and my parents. We ranged in age from 7 to 67. We went on the February 23rd sailing. I kept looking at the reviews on The Breakaway and was so worried by all the negative comments. Well, I did not experience anything negative about our trip. It was wonderful.

The boat is big,beautiful and I loved the layout. The kids were able to find their way around very quickly and even us adults found it very easy to find everything. We had a balcony room and it was very nice. Yes, the balcony is a bit small, but two people fit on it fine. It was nothing to complain about. Our room steward was also very nice and made amazing animals for us every night.

The entertainment was great. Of course we all have different tastes but overall we all enjoyed it. We played Family Feud and Who's the Boss (which me and my son Aiden won) in the Atrium. We loved More the Cirque jungle themed show, Rock of Ages was entertaining, and half of us liked the comedy and half did not. Although I did not love Burn the Floor, the dancers were amazing and I am glad I went. The poolside entertainment was a lot of fun too. We saw a hotdog eating contest, Mr. Sexy legs and my kids participated in a Nick Game Show.

We ate in Teppanaki one night and is was the best. Our favorite! The rest of the nights we ate in the Manhattan room and Taste. I liked the Manhattan room better. The food was good. My only complaint was the cut of steak was not great, but they took it right back and gave me something else. The food in the buffet was very good. It was my kids favorite. Tons of choices. Every time we walked in we were greeted with "washy washy, happy happy.

If you are going with kids, they will love it. Our kids went on the Ropes course (which I tried and did not make it very far, I turned around), the rockwall, played mini-golf, bowling, went into Splash academy, loved Carlos Bakery and made many visits to the buffet for ice cream and french fries.

Overall our whole family had a great time. Don't worry about the negative reviews, just go with a positive attitude, don't be super picky and you will have a great time. Less

Read more Norwegian Breakaway cruise reviews >>