Costa Luminosa Cruise Review by MoMo22

Costa Luminosa
Costa Luminosa
Member Name: MoMo22
Cruise Date: February 2014
See More About: Costa Luminosa Cruise Reviews | Western Caribbean Cruise Reviews | Costa Cruise Deals

Ship Facts: Costa Luminosa Review (by Cruise Critic!) | Costa Luminosa Deck Plans
The good does not out weigh the bad.

This was our 9th cruise ,it was our 1st with Costa. But it will be our last. There are only a few positives about this line, the embarkation process ( the easiest and quickest I've ever experienced), the room attendant and our waiter in the dining room. Unfortunately that is all I can say that was positive. From the beginning the language barrier with staff presented a huge problem if you needed them to speak English! The safety drill was totally unorganized as they separated the women and children from the men! Didn't realize we were on the Titanic! If there are enough life boats to carry all bodies on board why separate families? If you are looking to dance to modern music this is not the place to do it! The disco is called the Teen Zone, so if you don't mind dancing with 14,and 15 year olds who steal your drinks this is the place. The other options to dance is on deck 2 with a singer that sings along with karaoke ( I kid you not) or on deck 3 with a live bad who more often than not don't know the words to any of the songs they play!! As for the entertainment I'm not sure that's what I'd call it. There are NO sets only a screen with pictures projected onto it! One night it was different members of the staff singing and dancing then they'd go serve dinner or clean your room! Costa does things on the cheap and it shows.

The ports that were visited weren't to bad however were they docked weren't usually were cruise ships dock! Again on the cheap. The pools and hot tubs were closed at nine every night! The food wasn't awful but was never hot . If you expect steak or lobster you will not find it on this ship. The saying " you pay for what you get" comes to mind as I write this review. We did get a good deal but I wish now we had spent a little extra and gone with a different cruise line. I don't usually write reviews but I felt the need to warn people about this line. I had been told repeatedly that this is a European cruise line well perhaps that's were they should stay. I can honestly say if I won a cruise from Costa I would turn it down.

Publication Date: 03/12/14