Caribbean Princess Cruise Review by atrip

Member Name: atrip
Cruise Date: February 2014
Embarkation: Houston
Cabin Number: A338
See More About: Caribbean Princess Cruise Reviews | Western Caribbean Cruise Reviews | Princess Cruise Deals
Member Rating   5+ out of 5+
Dining 5+
Public Rooms 5+
Entertainment 5+
Value-for-Money 5+

Great Cruise

This was my first Princess cruise and I was delighted. I cruised this same itinerary last January 2013 with RC and found I like Princess more. The things I like were: very easy and quick boarding compared to Galveston, rooms were ready when we boarded at noon, great closet arrangement, nicer balcony furniture, and better food. We loved the hand tossed pizza poolside, all the rolls at every meal, and great deserts. The alcohol drinks came in two sizes with the large the same price as the much smaller one on RC. The hamburger/hot dogs poolside were also better than RC. Although the shows were very good, RC has them beat.

The things needing improvement are: the buffet set-up is very congested, the cruise director was what I call a fast-talker and very hard to understand, the shower is very tight and the iced tea is terrible. I heard complaints about the tea everywhere I ate.

An item worth mentioning is the port in Roatan. Carnival/Princess has created a wonderful destination with shops, restaurants and a chair-lift to a beautiful beach, walking distance from the ship. We could have been happy staying at the beach, however, we chose to zip-line with the South Shore Zip Line Company. South Shore's transportation is outside the immediate area. Ask one of the guards where to walk. Their price is $45.00 and worth every penny.

Publication Date: 03/12/14