Nautica Cruise Review by peterlm

Member Name: peterlm
Cruise Date: January 2014
Embarkation: Cape Town
Destination: Africa
See More About: Nautica Cruise Reviews | Africa Cruise Reviews | Oceania Cruise Deals

LuxuryOnly.com

Ship Facts: Nautica Review (by Cruise Critic!) | Nautica Deck Plans
Never Again

Went with Oceania from Capetown to Singapore . Don't do it sounds exotic but African ports other than Capetown not worth doing . Maldives and Seychelles were good but not enough to warrant this expense and time .

As far as Oceania goes the food was very good and the general staff were excellent , but that's as far as it went . The cruise director was terrible as was the lack of entertainment and activities . The seas were rough which was not the ship's fault but being smaller it moved a lot and I don't believe stablerlizers were used . We paid $900 US for tips but had no say in how they were distributed .

To make matters worse , their baggage handlers managed to break a full bottle of rum securely wrapped in the middle of my suitcase just moving it from our cabin to the dock . How is beyond me they must have thrown it from the deck . I didn't realize until we got to our hotel and I had rum through everything as well as broken pieces of glass . Two letters that we paid the ship to post never arrived to our relatives . .

A letter to their so called customer service has gone unanswered .
I hopoe this report helps other people to not make the mistake we did .All this is fact and the first time I have ever written a complaint about a cruise line .

Publication Date: 03/12/14