Seven Seas Voyager Cruise Review by pvdave

Member Name: pvdave
Cruise Date: February 2014
Embarkation: Singapore
Destination: Asia
See More About: Seven Seas Voyager Cruise Reviews | Asia Cruise Reviews | Regent Seven Seas Cruise Deals

LuxuryOnly.com

Ship Facts: Seven Seas Voyager Review (by Cruise Critic!) | Seven Seas Voyager Deck Plans
Underwhelmed, considering the price

This was our first, and probably our last cruise on Regent. We have always cruised and loved sailing with Oceania, but this time decided to upgrade to Regent for what we thought was going to be the trip of a lifetime.

Wrong ! Because the trip was oversold, and we were not one of Regents VIP's, were got the worst cabin on the ship. We had requested a Port side cabin, and got no response from Regent as to our request. In the deck10 starboard side cabin we were given we smelled diesel fumes from day one. If this had been a Hotel, I would have refused the room.

When it came to the food selection and the preparation, it seemed that everyone I talked to on the ship, and also our travel agent, thought that the food on Oceania is much better than the food on Regent. The first day on the ship I asked at the pool grill, for a medium cooked burger and got a raw piece of meat. The cook argued with me that it was medium.

Most of the "free" shore excursions made me wish I had stayed on the ship. The only good tour we had was with our own tour guide in Bangkok. Cambodia's tour was a complete bust. Regent should terminate this excursion. I think Regent only stops there to let off passengers going to Angkor Wat on there own.

I guess if you are a major drinker of alcohol Regent is the cruise for you. But, I feel I could have bought my own booze, tipped everyone generously, and paid for my excursion and still had a more enjoyable trip on Oceania.

Publication Date: 03/12/14
More Seven Seas Voyager Cruise Reviews

Read the previous Seven Seas Voyager review Read the next Seven Seas Voyager review

More Asia Cruise Reviews