Celebrity Equinox Cruise Review by Cruisen'Susan: Perfection!!

Cruisen'Susan
Member Since 2002

Compare Prices on Celebrity Equinox Southern Caribbean Cruises

Perfection!!

Sail Date: February 2014
Destination: Southern Caribbean

My husband and I are frequent cruisers, and have sailed with Celebrity, Royal Caribbean and Norwegian. Just about everything about this cruise was sheer perfection!

The ship itself was sleek, contemporary and gorgeous. The service was friendly and impeccable. The food was outstanding. Plenty of activities if you choose to do them or not. I really noticed a nice difference from the other cruise lines in that there were no constant announcements about bingo or seminars selling stuff or activities. Noticably classy difference. Also, no reason to even go to a specialty restaurant, but we did and they were amaaaazing and worth the cover charge.

If you see complaints about this ship, take it with a grain of salt. You just can't please some people, and there will always be whiners and complainers. I had one not so good dinner and NO BIG DEAL; they were most pleased to quickly and happily get me something else. I just don't understand how anyone could complain when they bend More over backwards to please you. Also, I have a gluten allergy and they were extremely attentive to my needs.

The music in the lounges throughout the ship was excellent. A mix of classical, pop, oldies, salsa, and something for the younger crowd.

The average age was 60's through 80's, but there were some younger people too.

The entertainment was not as good as Royal Caribbean, but I don't care because it's a trade-off and everything else was superior.

Embarkation was a breeze as well as the excellent organization of getting 2800 passengers off a ship in a couple hours.

There were plenty of tour options to choose from but we mostly did beach days while in port.

Our aft cabin was a bit small-ish, but adequate. Balcony on the small side too, compared to other cruise lines. Another trade-off that I was fine with. Extremely quiet day and night, and a nice walk to other parts of the ship which I didn't mind because of the extra food *smile*. The only sound at night was the wonderful white noise coming from the wake of the ocean, because we like to leave our balcony door open!!!

Sign me up for another one!! Less

Read more Celebrity Equinox cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Celebrity Equinox Review >>

Cabin review: Celebrity Equinox 8351

We love aft cabins and try to get them whenever possible. This one met our expections!! *smile*