Carnival Pride Cruise Review by carnivalbklyncruiser: A Wonderful Cruise With My Family!

carnivalbklyncruiser
Member Since 2013

Compare Prices on Carnival Pride Bahamas Cruises

A Wonderful Cruise With My Family!

Sail Date: February 2014
Destination: Bahamas
Embarkation: Baltimore

There were six of us on this cruise. My husband, my 8 year old daughter, my sister, my nieces who are 6 and 10 years old, and myself. I had a wonderful time, because I was able to spend time with my family. The kids had a great time on board this ship, and they were so upset when it was time to leave.

This was my second time cruising with Carnival. Last year when I sailed on the Carnival Sensation embarkation and debarkation were both quick and painless. This was not my experience with the Pride. I was surprised and disappointed by the amount of time we wasted waiting to board the ship, and get off the ship. They really need to spend some time looking into making the embarkation and debarkation quicker processes.

Once we were finally on board the ship we made our way to our cabins, and that’s when we first met our cabin steward, Buddy! The girls loved Buddy! He always had extra candy for them, and he was very friendly, patient, and attentive to all of our More needs. He did an excellent job keeping our cabins clean.

I really liked the positive energy that the Cruise Director-Kirk and his staff brought to the on board entertainment activities. Kirk and his staff made sure that there was something interesting and fun to do every day. The cruise MC Darnell from Ohio (as he would often refer to himself) was ever present and always quiet approachable and friendly. We enjoyed the comedy shows. Some of the musical performances were great, while others were just alright in my opinion. The live band that played in the Starry Nights Lounge was excellent.

The food on board the ship was great. We had late dining, and I would be remiss if I didn’t take time to mention our head waitress, Nelly. Nelly went out of her way to make sure that our family’s dining needs were always met. She was very patient and kind with the girls, and they gave here big hugs on the last night of our cruise.

I am not a big fan of the Bahamas. In fact, I intend to avoid the Bahamas on my future cruises. I have been to islands in the Southern Caribbean, and I find them far more enjoyable than the Bahamas.

The Pride will be going into dry dock for a makeover, and we are patiently awaiting her return! I will DEFINITELY sail on this ship again. Less

Read more Carnival Pride cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Pride Review >>

Cabin review: Carnival Pride Oceanview Riviera 1120

Our cabin was quiet roomy, and we had a lot of closet space. The bathroom was surprisingly roomy.