Royal Princess 5

“Royal Princess was lovely..a few exceptions..”
Cruise review of Royal Princess

jill1970
Member Since 2010
421 Forum Posts

Overall Member Rating

My sister and I went on the new Royal Princess and were very happy with our cruise and service while on board. We had been to most of the ports, so this review is mostly about the ship.

I had read reviews about the ship before we left and had a few concerns, but decided that I would look at this a different ship and design and not compare it to other princess ships I have been on.

I must say it was very beautiful and we both loved the back of the ship off the horizon buffet area to eat our breakfast each day. We also loved Alfredos for the pizza and eggplant dish. (this is a no charge restaurant). we also loved the Beatle maniacs and the movies under the stars!!

The only negatives were ~ no promenade ( I love to walk, but not in the direct sun the whole time, like you get on the 17th deck), so I would say, rethink that one. also missed the steps near the mid elevators. I like to do a few flights of steps before giving in to the elevators. so since there were More not an abundance of stairs, the elevators are crowded, and I can get claustrophobic!! Our balcony was small... but we were not having parties on it, so it was fine to sit on, which was all most people do anyway. Also, if you are into the Sanctuary, which I do love.. we could never get a seat in there. so we just sat wherever we could near the adult pool. and we saved a bunch of money!!

I would not say these few things should be a deal braker, just go if you are thinking of going on this ship and enjoy it as it is. If those things are a huge deal for you, then try a different ship. The Ruby is great! Less

Royal Princess Cruises to the Eastern Caribbean

Overall Ratings

Sail Date: February 2014
Family & Children
Rates
Value for Money

Cabin review:

M501
I will say the balcony was a bit small, but was fine for sitting and reading, which is all we do anyway. the cabin was nice, the bed and pillows very comfortable. We did think the carpet could use a cleaning tho.

Published 03/12/14

Read Cruise Critic's Royal Princess Review

Royal Princess Cruises to the Eastern Caribbean

Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?