Jewel of the Seas Cruise Review by BettyPC: Nice time on Jewel

Nice time on Jewel

Sail Date: February 2014
Destination: Southern Caribbean
Embarkation: San Juan

We had a nice time on Jewel - ship looked good, ports were nice, a bit rainy in Domenica so we stayed on the Ship. Took the 4x4 Safari and Beach break in St. Kitts, great time!

The Food was pretty good. I didn't have to cook it or clean up after it.

The only annoyance to us - was the "My Time Dining" You need to reserve a time each day - - on the FIRST day or else you eat at 8:00 p.m.. I thought My Time was for the "spur of the moment" crowd. Maybe we would want to eat at 6:15 one night - 7:15 the next etc... based on what was happening that day.

No - you better make your reservation on day 1 for the cruise. Now this is for a Table for 2. That is what we wanted - as we were having our anniversary. So next time I go - will make a reservation on the first day as directed.

All the waiters we had in the Tides Dining Room were very nice. Never got to see anyone more than once though. Went to Windjammer twice for dinner since we didn't want to deal w/the More man on the desk telling us to come back at 8.

Loved Schnoor Bar and Neuberth, Waylon and Patrick. They were great - knew our names immediately and were happy to see us each time we showed up for Trivia.

Enjoyed ourselves - would sail on Jewel again!

I would do this again - with the tweak to the dining time. Less

Published 03/12/14

Onboarding Experience
Rates
Value for Money
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?
Skip X