Celebrity Reflection Cruise Review by mychickadee: celebrity reflection great!!

Celebrity Reflection 0
Member Since 2014
0 Forum Posts

Service Not Rated

celebrity reflection great!!

Sail Date: February 2014

My husband and I just returned from a cruise on Celebrity Reflection. 2/22/14 to 03/01/14.

I have nothing but positive things to say about the cruise. Since this was our very first cruise, I really didn't know what to expect. It was far more than I could have imagined.

I read many of the blogs here on the Cruise Critic and got all kinds of helpful information.

A lot of the blogs dealt with not only Celebrity cruises but other cruise lines too.

The ship was absolutely immaculate! We had Concierge class and a cabin with a balcony on Deck 9.

The balcony fitted 2 full size lounge chairs with ottomans and a nice sized table, It was very spacious and private.

Our stateroom was a really good size, we weren't cramped. There were plenty of storage areas, drawers, nooks, and a large double closet with plenty of hangers. (we did bring a pack of hangers, only used two and left them on the ship.)

When we got to our stateroom there was More a complimentary bottle of champagne sitting on ice, their were fresh flowers and fruit every day, and on the days that we were out to sea, every afternoon a small tray of

of crudités were delivered to our room. Also our attendant serviced our room twice daily, replacing towels and tidying up the room.

We used the sea bands for sea sickness, I was fine with them, my husband needed to use the patch the doctor had prescribed, then he was okay. I mentioned to the attendant that my husband wasn't feeling well, and she immediately brought him sea sick meds., I told her that I hoped that he would feel better soon, because the next day would be his birthday. When we returned to our cabins the next day, after having lunch etc. we were totally surprised that there was a "Happy Birthday" banner on our door, when we got inside the cabin, we were amazed, our attendant decorated the room with Happy Birthday streamers and our bed, with towels that she turned into two swans that formed a heart, and she placed real rose pedals all over the bed! It was beautiful!

Like I said there is nothing negative to say about Reflections, the service was great, the staff were always pleasant and friendly, always helpful, the food was delicious in the dining room and the buffet, adn everything was always clean.

The shows were good and the activities too.

I would recommend Celebrity Reflection to all! Less

Published 03/10/14

Read more Celebrity Reflection cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Celebrity Reflection Review >>

Cabin review:

Our first cruise ever and we chose Celebrity Reflections we had Concierge Class with a balcony that fit 2 full sized lounge chairs with ottomans, and a nice sized round table. The balcony had plenty of room and was very private. We were in the middle of the ship. (One note, I did notice that the balconies that were on the curve of the ship, toward the front, were not quite as private as ours. We couldn't be seen unless we were standing at the rail leaning over a bit, but the ones on the curve, we were well able to see whenever their was someone out there standing. Whatever clothes that they were or were not wearing, we could see it all. Something to be remembered the next time I book.

Because our ship docked at 3:00 PM and we needed to be back on board by 9:30 PM, there really wasn't time for an excursion. Lots of the tourist places stopped tours early. By the time we left the ship it was after 3:30 PM. We did take the free trolley which took us up to El Morro the fortress at the top of the hill. We were able to spend as long as we wanted here. This is an awesome place to visit.
We took the trolly back to the the center of old San Juan and shopped the stores there. (Others did walk to El Morro, they say it was about a half hour walk, seemed a lot farther than that and was on a high hill.) There is also a small casino across from the ship inside of the old Sheraton Hotel.
We bought bottled water for our cabin in the CVS right across from the ship and stopped in
Senor Frogs. This was the only disappointment of the whole trip. This place was for the twenty-somethings. A coupon was handed to us as we got off the ship to get a free margarita in Senor Frogs. It was such a con, they served me a full sized supposedly free margarita and my husband got a pina colada, then they brought us a little 7 oz plastic cup with the"free margarita." We told them all we wanted was the free one and not the other one. The waiter wound up taking in off the bill. It was definitely a gimmick !

Read 1695 San Juan Reviews

St Maarten is very beautiful there is lots to see. We took a taxi and explored both St. Maarten and St. Martin

We had the taxi drop us off in the little city outside where our ship was docked. There are shops here and casinos. Then we took the walk back to the ship where there were many more interesting places to shop.

City Tour

very interesting and beautiful

Island Tour

excellent tour saw and learned much about the island. Enjoyed the sights and the beauty of the island.

Magen Bay Beach

nice to see and go into the warm aqua blue water, small beach but okay.

Paradise Point Skyride

Beautiful view from mountain top of Charlotte Amalie, they had a free parrot show at top of mountain which was very good.

Couldn't fit everything in on St. Thomas, it was a choice between going to mountain top or going over to St. John's would do St. John's next time.

Sapphire Beach

excellent tour! Lots of beautiful things to see. After going on the booked tour, we took the open air taxis to other points of interest. The taxi's were $8.00 p.p. a well worth it.
Got off the taxi at the end at Paradise Point Skyride. $21.00 p.p. It takes you to the top of Paradise Point with a beautiful view of Charlotte Amalie.
Walked back to the ship from here.
Beautiful Island and great tour guide!

Skip X