Disney Magic Cruise Review by avgsuperheroine

Member Name: avgsuperheroine
Cruise Date: February 2014
Embarkation: Port Canaveral
Destination: Bahamas
See More About: Disney Magic Cruise Reviews | Bahamas Cruise Reviews | Disney Cruise Deals
Public Rooms 5+

Ship Facts: Disney Magic Review (by Cruise Critic!) | Disney Magic Deck Plans
Family Cruise with Mom, Dad, and three boys 9, 8, 6

We loved the Disney Magic! What a beautiful ship and friendly staff. This was our second cruise, and our first cruise with our children along. We booked on an inside guarantee special and got two rooms next to each other on the 5th floor. The rooms were great, spacious, pretty and very well kept. The bed was surprisingly comfortable.

Embarkation was easy, and the people were very friendly and helpful. I LOVED that they announce your family and clap when you enter, that was very special. The area to wait was very clean and pretty and comfortable and the process did not seem to take long.

The food was great and plentiful! Some of the dishes were amazing and some were fairly "run of the mill". Either way, I didn't have to cook and we certainly never went hungry. The presentation was great, the service was great, the kids loved Animator's Palate and I loved Lumiere's. The other restaurant is not my favorite type of food but it was good. The servers cut the food for the kids and then did magic tricks for them when they were done eating to keep them occupied.

The public spaces were beautiful, and the outside of the ship was beautiful. The artwork was pretty. It was so classic and vintage and I loved it. I felt like I was stepping back in history. The public pool areas were great and not crowded. The amount of things to do was amazing. I loved the movie theatre. The boys loved the kids club. I did a tour which was nice and our hostess was very gracious and fun to listen to. The pirate party was so fun (our kids were SO tired though and were mad we made them go!). The boys loved the arcade. I only wish we'd had more than three nights to enjoy it.

I was a costume designer for ten years, so I love theatre. I was so impressed with their shows and their actors. My boys also asked to go back to see another show when we let them choose the second night. Personally, I'm a little conservative, so I loved that most things on the ship were more family-oriented. The shows were really fun and clean and I appreciated that most people were there to have fun with their family.

The private island is amazing and quite simply, my new favorite place on the planet. It's beautiful and clean and fun.

Overall, we had a great rate and this was a great cruise. If we could afford to, it would be the only line we sailed on in the future. We spent one day at Disney World and I told my husband I'd much rather have one more day on the boat for the money next time. Compared to other lines, Disney is fairly expensive. Compared to other vacation options, it is really quite a deal when it includes all of your lodging, food and entertainment.

I'm known for being a little serious, but this trip made me feel like a kid again. I have been whistling Mary Poppins songs since we got home. I wore Minnie ears to dinner and did the Macarena with my kids (who are too young to know what the Macarena is). It was a blast.

Publication Date: 03/10/14
Read the Bahamas ports review by avgsuperheroine
More Disney Magic Cruise Reviews