Island Princess Cruise Review by martygo: A mixed bag

A mixed bag

Sail Date: February 2014
Destination: Panama Canal & Central America
Embarkation: Los Angeles

Since this was a long cruise, my wife and I decided to book suite. We had plenty of room plus some very nice amenities. We had two TV's, separate shower and Jacuzzi tub, very comfortable balcony furniture, free room service, fee minibar, free canapés nightly, priority for embarkations/disembarkations, reserved breakfast with Mimosas in Sabatini's, priority dining reservations and best of all, free laundry/ dry cleaning service.

Some annoyances were also to be found. The dedicated front desk for suite passengers was only manned a few hours per day. If I wanted a glass of iced tea or orange juice while out of my room, it was $2.35 per glass plus mandatory tip. I started ordering multiple glasses from room service, saving a lot of money, but it just seemed silly. The meals were prepared for folks who do not like any seasoning, i.e. bland.

The cruise stops were hit and miss. Costa Rico was superb, but Cartagena was just another hugh, very crowded city. Less

Read more Island Princess cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Island Princess Review >>

Cabin review: Island Princess C704

Very spacious suite. Separate bedroom, living room with two TV's. Walk-in closet. Jacuzzi tub and glass walled shower. Double balcony with comfortable teak furniture.