Carnival Imagination Cruise Review by HappyHaunt1000: You get what you pay for...

HappyHaunt1000
Member Since 2014

Compare Prices on Carnival Imagination Mexican Riviera Cruises

You get what you pay for...

Sail Date: February 2014
Destination: Mexican Riviera
Embarkation: Los Angeles

First let me point out that I have only been on two other cruises, an RCL for the same destination and an NCL to nowhere. Didn't have any complaints with either, never posted but feel the need to warn other cruisers...

First off, great rate! Booked with Single Occupancy offer, my friend and I were able to have separate, oceanview rooms. While the decor and quality of the room was dated, the room itself was nice and the room steward did a great job keeping it clean, providing turn down service and towel animals. I would have to chase after him because he would never take the extra money I left for him. Very nice guy.

Second- the food. OMG, I don't know how it could be as bad as it was! I am not a foodie, I eat at fast food restaurants and have had good meals at places like Dennys, Chilis, Olive Garden, etc. But I've never had food quality this bad. 95% of the food was barely edible, the top 5% were desserts and for the most part they were just decent, with 2 items More being actually good. The food was what I imagined Grade F quality to be, tasteless or worse, not cooked right and never the right temperature. It was amazing! I tried everything I could to find something tolerable just so I wouldn't go hungry and multiple times my stomach was growling. My friend did the same. As soon as I got off the ship my husband took me to IHOP and while I was eating I kept telling him OMG this tastes soo good! It tasted like real food!

There is also no escaping this poor quality. The dining room food was for the most part the same as buffet and closed for lunch as well so you didn't really have much in the way of dining options.

Third- I had hoped to bring flowers on board and do some crafting. Trying to get answers from Carnival was like pulling teeth, emails went unanswered and info on website wasn't consistent. Website said yes, you can bring flowers at embarkment port but couldn't get off, then Carnival Staff said no, only from its florist or delivered by florist and can't take any flowers off ship due to agriculture laws. I saw lots of people departing with fresh roses in hand, no one said a word

Fouth- Entertainment almost nonexistent.

I didn't have high expectations for cruise, just wanted to relax, but when I told people I was going on a cruise, they would excitedly ask what ship and where. When I answered you could see the oh no in their faces. I had to report to several people that were going to book if things went well that were persuaded not to book the cruise once I returned. I'll stick to other cruise lines from now on. Less

Read more Carnival Imagination cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Imagination Review >>

Cabin review: Carnival Imagination U210

Room great for single passenger but you can tell it's a budget ship.