Carnival Inspiration Cruise Review by cruzinforlovin: Worse Cruise Ever

Worse Cruise Ever

Sail Date: February 2014
Destination: Mexican Riviera
Embarkation: Los Angeles

We went on a 3 day weekend cruise for a little R&R with friends who have never cruised. This was my 4th weekend cruise on Carnival and my husband has been on a dozen. I told my friends all about the cruise, the great food, the entertainment, and how fun and relaxing these little cruises are!! It was NOT!!

Our first night at dinner, we asked a passing waiter for butter and he literally said he would not get it for us unless our waiter asked him! Our waiter overheard, came over, apologized and went and got the butter himself. The service was extremely slow, we waited about 15 minutes to order and at least another half an hour for our dinner. The food was cafeteria quality! I ordered the brisket and it was cold and as hard as cardboard. Most of the time when we signaled for the waiter, we were told to wait.

Second night's dinner, we were meeting our friends in the dining room and they took a bit longer (she's handicapped). The waiter kept coming to the table asking More where they were and he seemed quite annoyed. We went ahead and ordered without them. I always look forward to the steak and lobster dinner. Carnival changed the menu so that they are 2 separate entrees, so my husband and I ordered 2 entrees. Our dinner came and they served us the lobster while our prime rib sat on the tray getting cold. We asked if we could have the prime rib with our lobster. Our waiter went to talk to an associate very loudly about it. He came back and told us NO! He said we had to finish our lobster before we could have our prime rib! Needless to say, we rushed through that entree and ate cold prime rib. Our friends joined us, ordered the same and got the same treatment. After dinner, we ordered coffee and was completely ignored 2-3 times! After they finally brought us coffee our requests for refills were ignored several times, but they were quite prompt bringing our cocktails and bill to sign.

I noticed the fog horn was blowing all through the day (unfortunately, our cabin was very close to it). It was a clear day, so I assume it was broken?? It also blew ALL NIGHT Saturday night. It kept me awake most of the night, I finally fell asleep counting the second between each blow (3 to 8 seconds, lol). It even woke my husband up and he's a heavy sleeper.

One of the highlights of our cruises is the steward. They are usually so friendly and helpful and I love that the room is clean every time we leave. Not this time. We took our drinking glasses with us went we walked around and it was never replaced. We had to hunt him down and ask him for new ones every day (tips). The breakfast menu for the door was not left in our room, we had to call for that too (tips). We didn't get off the ship Sunday, but went to the Lido Deck for lunch, lounge at The Serenity, etc., we were gone for over 4 hours and our room was not cleaned. We ran low on toilet paper, a replacement roll was never placed, we finally ran out and used the boxex of Kleenex.

I love cruises and have always been a big advocator. We are planning a family reunion with over 40 people this summer on The Inspiration. Most people have never cruised, I'm thinking it wasn't such a good idea after all! The Inspiration's dining room and service staff needs an overhaul, maybe some friendly people who want to work there. The food was cafeteria quality. I'm sure my friends will probably never take another cruise.

I was under the impression Carnival was not doing well and needed the business, but apparently, they are not making any efforts in wanting repeat business. Less

Read more Carnival Inspiration cruise reviews >>