Carnival Sunshine Cruise Review by ashyn3

Carnival Sunshine
Member Name: ashyn3
Cruise Date: February 2014
Embarkation: New Orleans
See More About: Carnival Sunshine Cruise Reviews | Western Caribbean Cruise Reviews | Carnival Cruise Deals

Ship Facts: Carnival Sunshine Review (by Cruise Critic!) | Carnival Sunshine Deck Plans
Not Impressed

This was our 4th cruise with Carnival and I was really disappointed. First, when we arrived in port, my mom was separated from our group to sit in front of everyone like cattle. She's in a wheelchair. They would not let any of us stay with her during our wait. So for over an hour she sat by herself with other people in a line all of which were by themselves. Once we were able to board we were hoping the stressful part was over but I couldn't have been more wrong.

We were told she would be able to muster in the dining area with other disabled guest. My mom can walk but not for long which is why she's in the chair to begin with. They WOULD NOT let her muster there. She had to walk down FOUR flights of stairs and then back UP. She was in so much pain from this. At this point I was beyond mad. The room was so small, their beds were not even together. There was no chair and the only place to sit in the room was on the bed which irritated my dads spinal problems. They did bring in a chair after I complained to guest services but it was a pool side chair. Really?? Their time on the Sunshine was miserable. Do not get room 7106!

On our 3rd day I had called for room service and was put on hold "due to an increased number of calls". It sounded like someone had picked up the line but no one said anything to me so I heard a lot of background noise and two people talking. One was the woman that normally answers for room service and the other was a man. The man said Americans are full of "bulls**t". The woman then says, "Americans are spoiled and full of bulls**t". Excuse me?!!! We work VERY hard for our vacations!!

The rooms are VERY small compared to the other ships we have been on. One person would have to stand in the bathroom for another person to pass through the room or crawl on the bed. I don't want to EVER sail on the Sunshine again!

Publication Date: 03/10/14
More Carnival Sunshine Cruise Reviews

Read the previous Carnival Sunshine review Read the next Carnival Sunshine review

Cruise Critic's Carnival Sunshine Review