Independence of the Seas Cruise Review by lazeydazey: Awesome ship. Can't wait to sail again

lazeydazey
Member Since 2009

Compare Prices on Independence of the Seas Eastern Caribbean Cruises

Awesome ship. Can't wait to sail again

Sail Date: February 2014

All I'm going to say was that this was an incredible ship and I had an awesome time. Everything on the ship was amazing. The only drawback is that there weren't enough lounge chairs by the pools.

Great prices for shore excursions. Loved going to Labadee, where I got a lounge chair and relaxed in the sun. The buffet they served was awesome. Plenty of food. Liked the Old/New San Juan tour. Fort San Cristobal was amazing. Despite it raining that day, still enjoyed the tour. Love St. Maarten. Just walked around and went shopping. Ate lunch at ' The Blue Bitch Cafe". Honest to god it's real name and since the owner went to school in Boston and that is where I'm from, we got great service and treatment. I'm sure you will even if your not from Boston. A RED SOX nation logo is shown as you walk in, loved it. St. Kitt's was nice. WE did an Island tour that included wine tasting. It was nice.

Cabin was a bit small as I'm used to the larger inside cabins on Carnival. There were More no large draws to put my clothes so I pretty much lived out of my suitcase. Absolutely loved the shower. Best one yet on a cruise. Cabins steward was OK, requested extra towels and only got them once. NO worries though, I took towels from the pool and used them. Didn't use any of the drinks in the fridge, only put the water in it that I bought.

Shows and activities were good. My husband played alot of trivia on the ship and won some cool prizes like a magnet, key chain, nice wallet, highlighter, Beats the ship on the stick we got from Carnival. There were 2 parades on designated nights on the promenade. They were very nice. Once was disco and the other was like an Alice and Wonderland type theme. The ships dancers, employees were part of it. Didn't get to the ice skating as we overslept and missed out on getting tickets. I played shuffleboard on deck 4 a few nights and played min-golf. I won big at the casino. Bingo was cool. Played a few times and of course didn't win. Didn't use the rock wall or flow rider due to health concerns. It looked fun though.

Embarkation was a nightmare. Went into the Pyramid club as that is where Crown and anchor members could wait. The process was long. They were about 1.5- 2hrs behind in calling #'s. I was supposed to get off the ship at 9:15 and got off after 10:55, then waiting to go through customs was a horror show. We were told to get in one of the 6 lines and of course the one we were in was the slowest. Good thing we booked a hotel for that night.

The dining room was nice. The menu was OK as was the food. It was warm when brought out and some nights what I ordered the food was overcooked. I didn't like the food on the menu the last 2 nights so me and my hubby ate at the Windjammer cafe and had the buffet for dinner. Good choice. The food was great there, there was Sushi if you like that, 4 kinds of meats, fish, make your own pasta, other types of pastas, salads, soups, bugers, hot dogs. etc..

Not much more I can say. I loved my vacation and the Independence of the Sea. Less

Read more Independence of the Seas cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Independence of the Seas Review >>

Cabin review: Independence of the Seas 8631

Room was nice,but a bit small. RCCL inside rooms are smaller at 149 as opposed to Carnival which are 185 and what I am used to. There were 4 small draws under the TV that you could only fit socks and lingerie in. Lived out of my suitcase. The shower was great. Loved the doors on it and the water pressure. Only drawback is that there was no conditioner , only shampoo. Carnival provides both in the shower. Next time I have to bring my own. The cabin steward was OK. We needed distilled water and an ext cord for my husband's C-PAP which was brought promptly. We requested extra towels. Unfortunately we got them twice out of the 8 nights. They only did the animals made out of towels once. I missed having an animal on my bed. The bed was nice and comfy. I haven't slept good since I got off of the boat. Overall, the room was nice but small for that price that we paid. We did have a nice view of the promenade, though.