Bahamas Celebration Cruise Review by gelatoplease: Short and sweet

Short and sweet

Sail Date: September 2013
Destination: Bahamas
Embarkation: Jacksonville

I found this cruise to be short and sweet. Ate a bunch, drank a bunch, shopped and beached a little; saw a show. It was a compact room and a compact cruise for a humdinger of a price.

It starts in West Palm Beach which is not even an option above. This is the only ship that docks here. The safety portion was done briefly and comedically. Our cabin was inside. We kind of laughed as we were celebrating our 26th anniversary and had gotten bunk beds, but we made do...

Freeport is not Nassau. There really isn't much to do or see here except shop a little and go to the beach. We used a local taxi and shared the ride with others. It was cheap and got us to town, something that can't be done easily on foot. There are peddlers right off the boat and some kiosks that weren't open ??off season?

the food was good, service was fine. I have no complaints. Paid very little and felt like I got my money's worth.

I wouldn't go again. Not because if was a bad More experience, but because I felt like I exhausted all there was to do and don't need to repeat it. I would recommend it if someone wants an inexpensive getaway. I might suggest a bigger cabin, though... Less

Read more Bahamas Celebration cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Bahamas Celebration Review >>

Cabin review: Bahamas Celebration

Very compact and cozy. Mattress was not very comfortable, and I'm rarely in a twin bed, so it felt cramped. Storage was adequate for the 2 nights we were cruising. I had to ask for a converter for my electronics, but it wasn't a problem.

NOt much to do here. We were here in September. The weather was beautiful. The kiosks at the port were all closed which was disappointing and weird at the same time. We used a local guy and shared a ride to town. Walked through the shops there and then down the beach. That's it.

Read 779 Freeport Reviews