“Entirely Disappointed. Never Again !”
Cruise review of Azamara Quest

sailingawaynow Azamara Quest 1 Entirely Disappointed. Never Again !
sailingawaynow
Member Since 2014
No Forum Posts
1 Helpful Vote
Overall Member Rating

Azamara Coastal California Voyage February 10-18

We were 2 couples from California who didnt wish to fly this time to get on a ship. We normally sail on Crystal and this time we tried Azamara. It was the worst experience ever ! The girls in Guest Relations were nasty , rude and useless. They seemed to be bothered every time you asked them a question.

The staff in the main dining room (Discoveries) were all wonderful. The managers were all wonderful as well. Unfortunately the food got progressively worse as the cruise went on. The NY strip was thin and very bad quality meat. The chilean sea bass tasted like it had been frozen for a year ! We had stroganoff one evening served with rice ! C'mon, who serves stroganoff with rice ? There was never a lobster night either.

Decks were shabby looking and public bathrooms smelled and some didnt even have toilet seats !

On Valentines evening there was a dessert buffet with lots of sweet confections and an unappealing lackluster ice sculpture ! The entire spread was broken down and removed after 1 hour while people were still dancing ! I asked where all the desserts were and one staff member said that they were told to remove everything !!!

At the buffet during breakfast my husband and I opted for pancakes one morning. We asked for maple syrup. We were brought some artificial version of maple syrup. It was definitely not real maple syrup.

It is clearly evident that Azamara is trying to come off as being a luxury cruise line, when in fact they are anything but that. Not to have real maple syrup on a cruise ship ! Thats really tacky and inexcusable. Both the cream cheese and butter were not on ice and were not cold enough. (breeding ground for food borne illnesses). We noticed one of the staff members at the buffet picking his nose and then serving guests ! The entertainers were 2nd rate , including Max DiFaz a horrible pianist, and a guitarist named Simon Belair who was truly awful as well. The sound system by the pool was horrible with loud feedback all the time. This was like the amateur hour. It is quite obvious that Azamara doesnt really make preparations and and only cares about selling things to guests on board. There is constantly someone trying to sell you something on board to the point of ad nauseum. This cruise line is for inexperienced cruisers that think they are going on a luxury cruise. I will never ever listen to my travel agent again ! The only good thing about this cruise was Russ Thomas Grieve, the cruise director who is not only extremely talented but interacts with guests and seems to really care about making the passengers happy. I would never go on another Azamara cruise again nor would I recommend this company to my worst enemy !

Azamara Quest Cruises to the USA
  • Service
  • Shore Excursions
  • Value for Money

Cabin review:

Cabin was adequate. Small shower space. Had to stand sideways. Shower curtain clung to my body, annoying

Port
This port could have been entirely eliminated. Extra day in San Fran would have been better !
Published 03/10/14
1 Helpful Vote
Read Cruise Critic’s Azamara Quest Review
Azamara Quest Cruises to the USA
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?