Celebrity Silhouette Cruise Review by MsLush

Celebrity Silhouette
Celebrity Silhouette
Member Name: MsLush
Cruise Date: February 2014
See More About: Celebrity Silhouette Cruise Reviews | Western Caribbean Cruise Reviews | Celebrity Cruise Deals
Member Rating   5+ out of 5+
Dining 5+
Public Rooms 5+
Entertainment 5+
Spa & Fitness 5+
Shore Excursions 5+
Value-for-Money 5+

Tremendous!

Wow, what to say? We cruised out of Port Everglades, which is a little chaotic, but once we got on the ship, life couldn't be better. This was our second Celebrity Cruise, the first being on Celebrity Eclipse, and I can't imagine ever booking with another cruiseline. The ship was beautiful (of course), but the staff is gold standard. The level of enthusiasm and service is hard to imagine, considering we boarded 2 hours after the last group of 3000 disembarked. We loved the Sunset Bar, and lounged there from noon until the muster drill, live music, great atmosphere, the perfect place to spend when departing any port. Cellar Masters was one of my favorite venues (as a self certified wino), kudos to Milan and Milan, as well as other staff serving there! We also participated in a port tasting planned by Milan which was delicious and very educational, as well as the Reidel Wine Tasting (the glasses are worth every penny!). We loved the Ensemble Lounge before dinner, and there was normally live music-in particular we enjoyed Caanan Cox, and we also managed to enjoy the Martini Bar and Molecular Lounge. We only made it to the Sky Lounge once,and it is so beautiful, just not enough time or willingness to inflict additional damage to our livers (we had the premium beverage package).

Dining was exellent, we ate in the main dining room 5 nights and enjoyed the excellent service of Alfie, and his assistant Serdar. In particular, I loved the blue cheese souffle, beef wellington, and salmon. And don't even get me started on chocolate lava cake. Gabrielle did an excellent job as our sommelier, making delicious recommendations for every course. We dined in Qsine with another couple we were traveling with one night and it was interesting, delicious, and unique. The presentation was outstanding, and the quantity of food over the top, especially considering the tapas style. We ordered 5 dishes to share amongst the 4 of us, and could not have eaten another bite! Our final night we dined at Murano, and for an elegant dining experience, it can't be topped. The food was to die for (I had pork belly and goat cheese souffle for an app, and the lobster prepared tableside as a main course), but I don't think you could go wrong regardless of your selection. The venue is small and the staff extremely attentive. I also enjoyed morning coffee at Cafe il Bacio, as well as an occasional afternoon treat (carrot cake:)!

The pool staff/bar staff were excellent and they were dilligent in not allowing chairs to be "held" with a magazine, towel, or any other token for any length of time. They have a difficult job, but handled it with professionalism when the occasional inconsiderate jerk was upset that the chair he had not been utilizing was no longer available. Our cabin steward, Silvestre did a great job, although we never saw him:) We never needed to request anything additional, as everything was always taken care of.

As for the ports, we booked the Cozumel Bar Hop based on a recommendation on Trip Advisor, and it is not to be missed. In fact, we will book it every time we are in Cozumel. It takes you to the East side of the island which is unpopulated (and even lacks electricity!, so bring cash) to 4 different bars, all with their own personalities and beautiful scenery. And, it's true, like the guide will tell you, the margaritas aren't like the margaritas back home. Use caution! or not, it is vacation. We took a cab to 7 Mile Beach in Grand Cayman with our friends and spent a relaxing day on the beautiful beach, and my husband and I did the Chukka Swim and Play, in Jamaica, which we really enjoyed. The staff did a great job, the scenery was beautiful, and riding a galloping horse in the ocean was an amazing experience. I have to admit, it took several days for my thighs to recover from the effort it took to stay upright in the ocean:) Thanks in particular to Sheridan, one of our horse guides, and the young lady who provided local information on the way to the property, both added to our overall enjoyment.

Like I said before "wow"! See you soon Celebrity!

Publication Date: 03/10/14