Disney Fantasy Cruise Review by Scrapping in Ontario

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Disney Fantasy Cruise Review by Scrapping in Ontario
Disney Fantasy
Disney Fantasy
Member Name: Scrapping in Ontario
Cruise Date: February 2014
Embarkation: Port Canaveral
Cabin Number: 2025
See More About: Disney Fantasy Cruise Reviews | Eastern Caribbean Cruise Reviews | Disney Cruise Deals
Member Rating   5+ out of 5+
Dining 5+
Public Rooms 5+
Entertainment 5+
Value-for-Money 5+

Outstanding from Start to Finish!!

This was our first cruise ever and we were completely overwhelmed - in a good way! From the personal welcome onboard to the time we stepped off the ship a week later we were treated like royalty!

We were a 3 generational group: Nana, Mommy and my 4yo (turned 5yo on cruise) DD. 7 night Eastern Caribbean cruise on Disney's Fantasy, February 2014.

Our stateroom hostess Giesel was energetic, caring and our room was always clean and toiletries replenished. My DD has severe allergies to many detergents so she was careful to always use sheets and towels washed in hypoallergenic, gentle detergent. She offered to change the sheets more often (we declined as it wasn't needed) and she also checked to see if she should use different cleaners in our bathroom. These were not needed but it was so thoughtful for her to think of this and ask. Regardless of where she was she would call out to my DD, 'Princess Hannah, how are you doing?' whenever she saw her and my DD glowed in her presence!

Our dining room server (Tina from Croatia) and assistant server (Ari from Thailand) were also amazing!! They took care of every single detail and their service was amazing! They got to know us, our likes and preferences immediately and took care of us so well! The 2 children at our table would light up when they came by because they talked to them, asked how they were doing and took such wonderful care of them. Before we even reached the table for supper the children's drinks would be waiting. One evening my DD stumbled as she left the table and before I knew it Tina was on the floor with her and the two of them were giggling up a storm! Tina and Ari were also wonderful about timing both the children's meals and the adults too. Nothing could have been better. By about the 2nd night of our cruise my 4yo DD got into the habit of enjoying her supper and then laying her head on my lap and falling asleep while I leisurely finished my supper. She woke up energized ready for the show then a trip down the Aquaduck and a swim before crashing for the night.

The ship itself was immaculate both inside and out! We went on a galley tour that amazed us! The food on the entire cruise was delicious and such a great variety! I tried many foods I'd never tried before but will again.

My DD didn't go to the clubs too often and we thoroughly enjoyed the family time our cruise offered us but when she did she loved them and often asked for extra time when I went to pick her up. I was totally impressed by the security used and felt very comfortable leaving my DD there knowing she would be well cared for, have a great time and also be safe.

We all enjoyed the Aquaduck and Mickey pool. The hot tubs were a nice way to finish up a swim and it was neat to look down through the plexiglass portion of the floor and see the ocean below!

My DD have ample opportunities to visit all of the characters she wanted without too much of a wait. Probably the longest wait was to see the 4 princesses but that makes sense as they are so popular and we only waited once to visit 4 princesses plus Aladdin as he was greeting part-way down the line. On a few different occasions we also bumped into characters as they were out and about on the ship and they always to time to greet and often play with my DD.

We enjoyed a cooking class, 1 evening of BINGO and the galley tour as 'extras.' Port excursions were in St Maarten and St Thomas. St Maarten was a bus tour that we would not take again. St Thomas was a jeep tour to a number of lookouts and it was great!!

The shows each night were exceptional!! Some we liked better than others but that is understandable.

I cannot say enough about our cruise!!! It was outstanding! So much so that we've rebooked another Disney cruise for the same time next year! Next time we'll be on one of the smaller, classic ships but I'm sure it will be great too!

Publication Date: 03/10/14