Disney Fantasy Cruise Review by Scrapping in Ontario: Outstanding from Start to Finish!!

Scrapping in Ontario
Member Since 2014

Compare Prices on Disney Fantasy Eastern Caribbean Cruises

Outstanding from Start to Finish!!

Sail Date: February 2014
Embarkation: Port Canaveral

This was our first cruise ever and we were completely overwhelmed - in a good way! From the personal welcome onboard to the time we stepped off the ship a week later we were treated like royalty!

We were a 3 generational group: Nana, Mommy and my 4yo (turned 5yo on cruise) DD. 7 night Eastern Caribbean cruise on Disney's Fantasy, February 2014.

Our stateroom hostess Giesel was energetic, caring and our room was always clean and toiletries replenished. My DD has severe allergies to many detergents so she was careful to always use sheets and towels washed in hypoallergenic, gentle detergent. She offered to change the sheets more often (we declined as it wasn't needed) and she also checked to see if she should use different cleaners in our bathroom. These were not needed but it was so thoughtful for her to think of this and ask. Regardless of where she was she would call out to my DD, 'Princess Hannah, how are you doing?' whenever she saw her and my DD glowed in her More presence!

Our dining room server (Tina from Croatia) and assistant server (Ari from Thailand) were also amazing!! They took care of every single detail and their service was amazing! They got to know us, our likes and preferences immediately and took care of us so well! The 2 children at our table would light up when they came by because they talked to them, asked how they were doing and took such wonderful care of them. Before we even reached the table for supper the children's drinks would be waiting. One evening my DD stumbled as she left the table and before I knew it Tina was on the floor with her and the two of them were giggling up a storm! Tina and Ari were also wonderful about timing both the children's meals and the adults too. Nothing could have been better. By about the 2nd night of our cruise my 4yo DD got into the habit of enjoying her supper and then laying her head on my lap and falling asleep while I leisurely finished my supper. She woke up energized ready for the show then a trip down the Aquaduck and a swim before crashing for the night.

The ship itself was immaculate both inside and out! We went on a galley tour that amazed us! The food on the entire cruise was delicious and such a great variety! I tried many foods I'd never tried before but will again.

My DD didn't go to the clubs too often and we thoroughly enjoyed the family time our cruise offered us but when she did she loved them and often asked for extra time when I went to pick her up. I was totally impressed by the security used and felt very comfortable leaving my DD there knowing she would be well cared for, have a great time and also be safe.

We all enjoyed the Aquaduck and Mickey pool. The hot tubs were a nice way to finish up a swim and it was neat to look down through the plexiglass portion of the floor and see the ocean below!

My DD have ample opportunities to visit all of the characters she wanted without too much of a wait. Probably the longest wait was to see the 4 princesses but that makes sense as they are so popular and we only waited once to visit 4 princesses plus Aladdin as he was greeting part-way down the line. On a few different occasions we also bumped into characters as they were out and about on the ship and they always to time to greet and often play with my DD.

We enjoyed a cooking class, 1 evening of BINGO and the galley tour as 'extras.' Port excursions were in St Maarten and St Thomas. St Maarten was a bus tour that we would not take again. St Thomas was a jeep tour to a number of lookouts and it was great!!

The shows each night were exceptional!! Some we liked better than others but that is understandable.

I cannot say enough about our cruise!!! It was outstanding! So much so that we've rebooked another Disney cruise for the same time next year! Next time we'll be on one of the smaller, classic ships but I'm sure it will be great too! Less

Read more Disney Fantasy cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Disney Fantasy Review >>

Cabin review: Disney Fantasy 2025

This was a great room!! The virtual port hole opens it up so much and makes it much brighter. At first we'd turn it off at night but then enjoyed waking up to the sun shining! The room was clean, fresh and Giesel our stateroom hostess always kept it fresh and clean. She even emptied the garbage 2 or more times each day and shampoo, towels etc were refreshed more than once a day. The room was quiet even though it was very close to the mid elevators. We liked being close to Enchanted Garden and also just below a lot of the action on 3, 4 and 5 as we could easily use the stairs to get around.I would highly recommend this room!!