Carnival Valor Cruise Review by carribbound: Another great Carnival cruise!

carribbound
Member Since 2007

Compare Prices on Carnival Valor Southern Caribbean Cruises

Another great Carnival cruise!

Sail Date: February 2014
Destination: Southern Caribbean
Embarkation: San Juan

This was my 7th cruise on Carnival.

Embarkation: We arrived to the port around 3:45 and were on board and eating by 4:30. We did not purchase the FTTF option. As happy as I was about getting on board swiftly, our luggage did not arrive to our room until 6:30, which was the latest I have ever received my luggage. Muster drill at 9:30 (the smoothness of this is in direct proportion to how many drunk people are in attendance).

We were in 1445, Aft cabin. When we pulled into port, the side thrusters made A LOT of noise. It didn't bother any of us as it served as a nice wake up call, but I am sure there are people out there that would complain. The size of the room was on par with many of Carnival's OV rooms. Plenty of storage.

Sea Day: Behind the Fun Tour. ( It cost $95pp and as soon as we boarded the ship we went to the shore excursions desk to book this). It was about 3 hours long. We saw the Bridge, engine control room, galley, some of the crew quarters and More the bow of the ship. We received 2 complimentary photos, one with the captain at the bridge and another of our group on the bow of the ship. We also received a backpack with a hat, a rubber bracelet and a lanyard. Overall it was a really neat experience.

Disembarkation: We had a 3:45pm flight. We were assigned the last zone to get off the ship and were allowed to get off at 11:30am. By that time there were very few bags left so it was a breeze finding our bags and getting through Customs. Less

Read more Carnival Valor cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Valor Review >>

Cabin review: Carnival Valor Oceanview Riviera 1445

Barbados: Went to the Boatyard by taxi. Paid $15 per person for a chair and umbrella. This cover charge also included one drink, use of the floating iceberg, and rope swing. They had decent showers and restrooms along with lockers. We arrived there around 10am and there were over half of the beach chairs left...I would say by noon they were gone.

Read 704 Barbados Reviews

St Kitts: We shopped at this port. St Kitts has a very nice shopping port. I recommend shopping around before making your decision on where to purchase. Prices did vary quite a bit.

Canopy Zipline

(5)

St Lucia: We went zip lining with Carnival. It was at Treetop Adventures. This was a very awesome experience. The zip lining staff members we had were top notch!!! We did nine separate zip lines. Afterwards we spent the remaining afternoon on the ship enjoying the serenity area. I wish there was a better shopping area by the ship at this port.

St Maarten: We took a cab to Maho Beach. We arrive by 10am. Two chairs and an umbrella was $20, an additional chair was $10. The Sunset Bar was extremely crowded! It took quite a bit of time to get a drink. We left there at 2:30pm by taxi to return to the ship, it took a half hour drive back. The taxi driver said the lift bridge goes up at 3pm so we wanted to avoid that. We had a great time!

St Thomas: We took a cab to Coki Beach. Nice and lively beach. Two chairs and umbrella was $15 or $20, I can't remember. Snorkeling was average. Food and drink was available. There was plenty of people providing bar service to your beach chair. We arrived about 10am and it was not too crowded. By about 1pm it was very crowded.

Read 2333 St. Thomas Reviews