Celebrity Reflection Cruise Review by chel98

Celebrity Reflection
Celebrity Reflection
Member Name: chel98
Cruise Date: February 2014
See More About: Celebrity Reflection Cruise Reviews | Eastern Caribbean Cruise Reviews | Celebrity Cruise Deals
Member Rating   5+ out of 5+
Dining 5+
Public Rooms 5+
Spa & Fitness 5+

Memorable

This was our third Celebrity cruise and our best yet. We love the Solstice class ships, they seem to be a perfect fit for my husband and I. The crew on the Reflection were outstanding! Very attentive, and always smiling. It really makes for a great vacation when the crew is happy.

Embarkation: Smooth as usual, port of Miami is a personal favorite of mine. Nice parking garage, no reason to park off site.

Ocean view café: After we arrived on board we had lunch at Ocean view. No trouble finding a table and someone was taking our drink order immediately. Not sure why I have read complaints about lack of choices and cutbacks. I did not notice any changes since sailing on the Silhouette, if anything I thought the service was even better. Like most people we took advantage of the Pick your Perk promotion and choose the Beverage package for two. It was wonderful, so easy no signing a receipt every time you get a drink. I thought the wines that come with that package were fine. Being able to go to Café Bacio for coffee , teas etc. was very nice as well. All and all a great Perk I would definitely choose that package again. Ludmila from café bacio was wonderful, she was always smiling and took the time to chat with us about our day.

Cabin: My husband and I booked room 1287 Aft. deck 10 concierge. What a great location , very quiet. We usually try to be towards the back for that reason. Mariano our stateroom attendant was excellent! Our room was always spotless and ready when we returned. He always said hello to us by name and even opened our door for us whenever he saw us coming down the hall.

Specialty Restaurants: Once again great food at what I consider to be a good value. I don't understand why people complain about the nominal fee to dine. I see it as an intimate dinning experience with personal service. The MDR is fine but my husband and I don't care to go there every night. This was our first time trying Lawn Club Grill what a great idea. You can choose to make your own flatbread with help from the chefs our sit back and enjoy the show and let them do all the work. You have endless choices and the food keeps coming. Everything was delicious especially the warm chocolate cookie at the end. Tuscan Grill was terrific again, this was our third time dinning there. Love the shaved prosciutto and olives they bring to the table. The menu changed a little but still pretty consistent. My favorite dessert there is the tiramisu, yum. We also dinned at Qsine again for a third time and still haven't tried everything on the menu. Love the M's box and the tacos. Its always a fun dinning experience. Not sure why they changed the surprise dessert the other was much better. Pericio (not sure if I spelled it correctly) is a waiter there, who remembered us from our previous cruise on the Silhouette. He saw us in the Ocean View and said he was our waiter last year and if we had reservation at Qsine this time. We did not, so he asked what time we wanted and made us a reservation . What great customer service. Yet another example of why this was our favorite cruise. if you haven't tried Bistro on Five do so. The soups there are wonderful. I had the Butternut squash soup and I loved it! Also the dark chocolate mousse is to die for.

Entertainment: The live band was superb. The female lead singer had such an amazing voice, we looked forward to hearing them every night. My husband and I don't go to the shows so its nice to have other choices. We enjoy going to Cellar Masters , Michaels club and the ensemble lounge in the evenings. This ship didn't seem to have as many choices for Celebrity life activities as others did. Such as, guest lectures,more Bingo, Trivia and cooking demos.

Front Desk Staff: We had some issues with our keys on this cruise. I have to say this was the nicest staff to deal with by far. Carlos really went above and beyond in helping us with this on going problem. He took charge and made sure personally to walk us to our room until the issue was resolved. He was very caring and apologized with a formal letter and Champaign, not necessary but appreciated.

Public Areas: This ship was spotless. Everywhere you looked a crew member was working hard to keep things clean. I do wish people would follow the smoking rules on board the ship. Their are plenty of smoking areas and people still smoke wherever they feel like as well as on the balconies. My favorite place to relax is on the balcony on sea days and its upsetting when I can not because someone next to me is smoking. This is one reason I don't go on other cruise lines anymore. I love that I can go in the casino and breathe.

Overall it was an excellent cruise with outstanding service. We will continue to sail on the solstice class ships.

Publication Date: 03/10/14
More Celebrity Reflection Cruise Reviews

More Celebrity Reflection Reviews
First cruise on Celebrity...
Amazing food!