Carnival Spirit Cruise Review by Blissfultravel: One of my best ever holidays!

Blissfultravel
Member Since 2014

Compare Prices on Carnival Spirit South Pacific Cruises

One of my best ever holidays!

Sail Date: February 2014
Destination: South Pacific
Embarkation: Sydney (Australia)

One of my best holidays! I am well travelled and had cruised before and I am pleased to say this cruise exceeded my expectations. After reading some reviews I was a bit worried - No reason to be.

I normally stay in 4-5 star hotels so can be quite fussy. Knowing this was not going to be a 5 star experience I am pleased to report it was great. Meals were great, buffet choice was huge, all food was fresh and plenty of choice. We had breakfast up in the Grill on deck 9 each day. We dinned in the main restaurant "opted for free dinning" which was good as we could go along anytime. The wait for a table was short and they buzz you when ready. The Nouveau Restaurant, which you pay AUD40 per person, was well worth it, some of the best steak I have eaten and cooked to perfection. Portions are huge and they have an extensive wine list.

One thing I could not find prior to the trip was the cost for drinks. I sneaked a copy of the drinks menu. So

here you go: NZ Sauvignon More Blanc $9 glass, $35 bottle - Red wine from $7.50 per glass, $29 per bottle - Bubbles $8.50 per glass, $33 bottle - Veuve Clicquot $115 per bottle. - Heineken, Stella $7.50 - Spirits $7.50 - Daily cocktails are around $10 and are potent. we found these prices fine as that is what you would pay at a land resort.

The service was great, embarkation and departing ship was seamless, you can self carry your bags off.

Tips:

Take extra coat hangers, stretchy cord to keep deck door open, washing powder (ship has laundry or only $12 for bag of laundry) small thermos to take hot drinks back to cabin.

Go with a positive attitude and you will have a great time!! You don't have to lift a finger for 9 days or sit back and relax. Less

Read more Carnival Spirit cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Spirit Review >>

Cabin review: Carnival Spirit Suite Main 4237

Fantastic Room!! Well worth the money! this room is fabulous, very spacious for 2 people. Includes, separate lounge area and bedroom, you can close off the bedroom completely which is good if one of you gets up earlier than the other. 2 TV's one in each room. Dressing room is between the 2 rooms and has a seat and lots of room for makeup and drawers or put in clothes etc. The bathroom with double basins and shower over the bath (note: not so good for oldies as you do have to step into bath) has very good water pressure is located off the dressing room as is the walk in wardrobe. I read reviews that this room was small, I must say we thought it was spacious. The deck is unbelievable, it is AFT so on the back of the ship and wraps around the corner too, it is huge with 4 sun loungers, 4 chairs and 2 tables. It allows privacy for sunbathing and reading. Great if you are travelling with a group as plenty of room for drinks and a great gathering place. The other plus for this cabin is the deck overhang, as if it rains you can still sit outside, you can also avoid being always in the sun. As you go higher up the ship the deck and overhang reduces. We would book this room always! Our room service person told us it was the best cabin on the ship and when we disembarked I saw they were using the room for showcasing the Vista Cabin.