Carnival Spirit Cruise Review by Blissfultravel

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Carnival Spirit Cruise Review by Blissfultravel
Carnival Spirit
Carnival Spirit
Member Name: Blissfultravel
Cruise Date: February 2014
Embarkation: Sydney (Australia)
Destination: South Pacific
See More About: Carnival Spirit Cruise Reviews | South Pacific Cruise Reviews | Carnival Cruise Deals
Member Rating   5+ out of 5+
Dining 5+
Spa & Fitness 5+

One of my best ever holidays!

One of my best holidays! I am well travelled and had cruised before and I am pleased to say this cruise exceeded my expectations. After reading some reviews I was a bit worried - No reason to be.

I normally stay in 4-5 star hotels so can be quite fussy. Knowing this was not going to be a 5 star experience I am pleased to report it was great. Meals were great, buffet choice was huge, all food was fresh and plenty of choice. We had breakfast up in the Grill on deck 9 each day. We dinned in the main restaurant "opted for free dinning" which was good as we could go along anytime. The wait for a table was short and they buzz you when ready. The Nouveau Restaurant, which you pay AUD40 per person, was well worth it, some of the best steak I have eaten and cooked to perfection. Portions are huge and they have an extensive wine list.

One thing I could not find prior to the trip was the cost for drinks. I sneaked a copy of the drinks menu. So

here you go: NZ Sauvignon Blanc $9 glass, $35 bottle - Red wine from $7.50 per glass, $29 per bottle - Bubbles $8.50 per glass, $33 bottle - Veuve Clicquot $115 per bottle. - Heineken, Stella $7.50 - Spirits $7.50 - Daily cocktails are around $10 and are potent. we found these prices fine as that is what you would pay at a land resort.

The service was great, embarkation and departing ship was seamless, you can self carry your bags off.

Tips:

Take extra coat hangers, stretchy cord to keep deck door open, washing powder (ship has laundry or only $12 for bag of laundry) small thermos to take hot drinks back to cabin.

Go with a positive attitude and you will have a great time!! You don't have to lift a finger for 9 days or sit back and relax.

Publication Date: 03/10/14