Carnival Sunshine Cruise Review by cruisenewbie40: I want to go back now...right now

cruisenewbie40
Member Since 2014

Compare Prices on Carnival Sunshine Bahamas Cruises

I want to go back now...right now

Sail Date: February 2014
Destination: Bahamas
Embarkation: New Orleans

I was on the 2/2/14-2/9/14 Bahamas sailing. I was very excited at first to cruise but then as time got closer I became a little apprehensive due to the 2 other cruise lines having the sickness issues. I must say that my experience far far exceeded my expectations. To start the embarkation process was smooth as it could be then once on ship we had lunch and then the rest of the day to do what we wanted(it was Super bowl Sunday so the only man in our group of 6 went to watch the game and the 4 girls went to the spa for pampering. (too expensive but very relaxing) We had the late seating at dinner and our wait staff Adrian, Tamara, and Vespa were the best. Made us feel like we were their only table. Learned each of names and used them. My niece had her birthday while on the ship and the waiter brought her a cake and wrote on the plate around it Happy Birthday and then they sang to her. Very special. I did not get to the piano bar but that is one place I will go on my next cruise The More entertainment was great and the food was outstanding. I loved being able to go out on the balcony and sit and watch the waves and the beautiful sunsets. I was rocked to sleep each night but the gentle rustling of the ship on the waves. Our cruise director Butch was amazing. So full of energy , yeah?! (if you know Butch then you know what that means) I miss everything about the experience and can not wait till I can go again. Ansd yes, in some areas I did smell the swage smell and it was hard to find your way around at times but those things were miniscule to the fun and relaxing time that I had. Kudos Carnival! Less

Read more Carnival Sunshine cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Sunshine Review >>

Cabin review: Carnival Sunshine 6274

Great room. the rest of my party was in the cabin next door and they were able to open the partition between the balconies so we could go from room to room using the balcony. There were 3 in our room and it was very comfortable. I slept on the pull out couch and it was very comfortable as well.